terry cloths [nappies] or microfibre cloths

Brock

Always used nappies a cloths on the motorhome because the fibre seems good and they are a nice size. However, after using them as cleaning cloths for twenty odd years, they are now coming to the end of their useful life.

Having looked at both, I know nappies can be washed with detergents and tumbled dried, microfibres cannot. Apart from that I cannot see any difference although my son swears he gets a better finish when cleaning his car with microfibre cloths.

What's the view of motorhomers?

Guest pelmetman
Didn't know you weren't supposed to wash microfibre clothes with detergents 8-)...................been washing mine for ages like that........................ without problem ;-)

With a foot in both camps I use terry cloth for applying wax and polish and use microfires for everything else, both are washed and air dryed on a regular basis. I also use mirofibre drying cloths instead of a chammy as they are softer and do a better job

Thanks Mike for the professional advice.

My missus reckons using my underpants after I've worn them for a week will muck up the van more than they clean. Heaven forbid what they will do after I've worn them for a fortnight when on holiday.

Archived