Worrying trend

Guest searchforsites

Guest searchforsites

Last week in Brittany, two of the aires we visited had caravans parked on them, something we have never seen before.

One at Avranches where the van and car were taking up a place each on an aire with only 10 places, and one another at Treguier where there was mores space but was clearly marked as MH parking.

Both the vans were German.

Is this the start of a worrying trend of caravans parking in Aires?

There was a French caravan parked on the Aire at Change last year and he looked like he was set up for a long stay. When we were there again a couple of weeks ago a German caravan parked overnight and was parked still coupled up with the car , but gone before breakfast.

Guest JudgeMental
Seeing as caravans outnumber motorhomes by approx twenty to one, and tend to put down roots rather then tour, it would be the end of aires as we know it I would have thought.....but they are not allowed on aires, and will be moved on if noticed. I have seen only a very few over the years on aires.

Guest searchforsites
After writing the first post I remembered that we had also seen a caravan and car parked in the aire at Calais beach in April, again taking up two spaces, plus the aire was full. This time though the van was GB registered

Guest pelmetman
Couple of years ago coming back from Spain, went to our usual aire at Forges les Eaux, and it was packed with caravans 8-)................looked like they were travelers..............ended up going back to the aire at Buchy *-)

Archived