Vantage Motorhomes Mattress

hymernova1

Hi, following on from the "Is it me" thread does anyone know if Vantage, my top contender, use foam or interior sprung mattresses? I'm interested in buying a rear lounge PVC but can't seem to find one with decent seating. Unfortunately ADRIA, who do have sprung seats, don't make a rear lounge. Is there a van out there??

Thanks

Guest JudgeMental
Maybe ask Vantage but odds on its foam. just talk to them, or source your own and get them to cover them......But the idea of sleeping on a narrow sofa and making a bed up every night a compromise to far IMO

Guest pelmetman
If the van suits all your other requirements........... any upholsterer will be able to knock you up some sprung seating ;-)

Ours is foam and we find it very comfortable to sleep and sit on. The Neo is 2 years old and we spent 4 months in Spain last winter and the seats are as new.

Your concern about foam is well founded, I have had caravans in the past that had foam seats that were useless after 12 months but you will find the Vantage design well thought out. As Eddie suggests, talk to Scot, maybe test drive the mattress (lol)

The La Strata costs a bit more than the Vantage, has a small kitchen and the sliding door is on the wrong side for me. Eddie would know if they offer a RHD option.

Guest JudgeMental

Sorry dont get the sliding door issue..you just park the other way around...can't say I have noticed in 20 odd years of driving LHD lol

You can get a La Strada for 45-50K.They are about as good as a camper van get. The build and finish incomparable with any van I have seen. Fully winterised with double floor and masses of storage . The rear bed tilts up in half to create a rear garage.plus a really good bathroom....a real luxary job. I have seen Vantage at shows and they did look better then some of the other UK vans but still a very high price in comparison to what europe offers. You can get a Possl/Globecar or Adria for 35K and these are MMM vans ofvthevyear winners......plus you don't have to pay £500 extra for an electric step etc..... *-)

Guest JudgeMental
Symbol Owner - 2013-06-13 1:48 PM

hymernova1 - 2013-06-13 1:40 PM

Hi thanks for reply. Am I being thick as to who "Eddie" is

Eddie Gallagher -- a.k.a. "Judgemental"

Colin.

Colin...Christian name right but I am not a Gallagher

hymernova, to translate either use google chrome which automatically translates. or copy web address into google translate

are you downsizing from a hymer? as if you are I will add you to the ever expanding panel van list! :-D

hymernova1 - 2013-06-13 5:36 PM

We did have a hymer caravan but the bugger leaked so we bought a EXLWB PVC. So we already qualify for your list. :-D

Sad to hear that about any caravan or motorhome but if that had been a UK made caravan there would already have been howls of delight from a certain quarter about the quality of continental made products being so much better than their UK counterparts!!

Archived