The Runner Runneth

Vixter

Our Clou Liner is carpeted - well whoopsy-do I hear you say. To attempt to keep the carpet clean I have bought two rubber-backed runners from B & Q, they are great - just the right size etc., the only problem is that they are permanently on the move. I swear that we don't even have to put a foot on them - but one is making its way up the step while the other is crawling into the cab. How can I anchor them to the carpet, other than with a large nail?

The problem lies in the runner/mat moving on the pile of the base carpet. We have tried double sided tape (leaves a sticky residue) and velcro (helps a bit but the runner/mat still creeps). We did not have this problem in the previous van which had woven not pile carpets. Resolved the problem by using the fitments that secure car mats to the base carpets. I obtained these from Cannon several years ago but never used them. These are black plastic pillars (like an upside down mushroom) with a separate cap that fits on the pillar and turns and locks the two parts together. They need a small hole (8 mm) in both carpets. These would not be suitable for fixed carpets as access to the back of the base carpet is needed. Hope this is of assistance. Regards, Mike.

Hi Vixter, I have been told that if you paint the underside of your rubber backed runner with rubber solution, let it dry before laying of course, it will not creep on the pile. I have not tried it as I do not have posh pile carpet in my 'van, just the old woven type & it does not creep on that. Alternatively B & Q have a material that they say you can lay between the runner and the pile carpet which will stop it from creeping. You will find it in packs in the carpet department of B & Q. I don't see how it can work but if you feel like giving it a try, and if don't work you can always take it back and tell them where to stick it! after they have given you your money back.

Guest starspirit
I doubt that will work because it is the pile on the original carpet that is to blame not the runner and the pile will still move when you walk on it?

Archived