CC club, what membership benefits???

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2013-06-17 9:08 AM

Sorry for the "sarcasm" 1foot', I hadn't realised you were so sensitive.... (lol)

But, you do tend to post in a "Glass half empty" manner (another example was your parking in Dover thread) and as someone posted not so long back(Brian K I think),you post in order to get a specific type of response...So you got one... ;-)

Your very same tale could've been told with a "Glass half full approach",thus:

"..I'm really annoyed with myself...I arrived on site, on route to the ferry, pitched up, only then to realise that one of my gas bottle needed exchanging!....If only I had've checked during the week, I could've used it up at home and exchanged it at my usual(cheap) supplier...Never mind though thankfully the site had some Calorlites in stock,which was lucky because that's not always the case with the 'lites..It was a few quid dearer but hayhoo,I'll know to check next time..."

Looking at it that way, it sounds a totally different experience, doesn't it ;-)

I dunno *-) ..................these positive people who insist on ruining a good moan :D

Guest 1footinthegrave

Oh well at least we can once again take advantage of our age concession, makes the gas seem cheap now. :D

I wonder if there's a further discount for senility.

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2013-06-17 12:54 PM

Oh!...so the bottle was 7 quid more expensive now then....? 8-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-06-14 8:07 PM

.... the £24.99p demanded, despite me providing a receipt from a calor stockist of £21.49.

...what do others think about this apparent rip off >:-(

£24.99 - £21.49 = £3.50 in my book (lol)

probably X 2

I paid 23.50 for a lite @ local CC site last week

JudgeMental - 2013-06-17 1:36 PM

.... the £24.99p demanded, despite me providing a receipt from a calor stockist of £21.49.

probably X 2

I did assume that initially Eddie but 1foot' doesn't mention that he needed two bottles...besides who in their right mind would set off on a trip, heading for the ferry with two empty Calor bottles..?

(..Oh!..don't answer that! :D )

Guest 1footinthegrave
pepe63 - 2013-06-17 1:42 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-06-17 1:36 PM

probably X 2

I did assume that initially Eddie but 1foot' doesn't mention that he needed two bottles...besides who in their right mind would set off on a trip, heading for the ferry with two empty Calor bottles..?

(..Oh!..don't answer that! :D )

Perhaps you missed it, but we have 4 full Calor~lites on the van, we use one on the down that has been previously used, as we usually stay over around Swindon, if the guage is starting to read which it only does on the lite bottle around half full, we change that at a dealer just outside Dover that we telephone and reserved for collection, if the guage is not starting to "read" we do not bother, happy in the knowledge we will have more than sufficient, that's really all there is to it.

I realised you carried 4 Calorlites but I just hadn't seen you mention that two of them needed exchanging..Sorry ;-)

Anyway...On the subject of gauges, we(okay..I :$ )got caught out with the Gaslow gauge I fitted to our 13kg bottle.

We were on a CL in Cheddar(no ehu)on our way to a 4 day music festival down south Devon(again off ehu).Looking at the "gauge", before setting off from home, I thought we had loads left,as it hadn't moved and having switched to the 13kg,I'd "guesstimated" that I wouldn't need to carry the spare bottle for a few more outings...anyway....one cooked breakfast and two boils of a kettle later it was totally empty!.... *-)

The Cheddar Bridge site across the road didn't have any 13kg bottles..but luckily another commercial site, on the northern edge of Cheddar did,so we got away with it quite easy really...

I didn't ask at the main CC site(..which is also directly across the road from this CL..Witheridge Farm?)because we were down there some time before and we were in the reception when someone came in asking for directions to this CL..and the wardens were quite abrupt with him, telling him that they'd never heard of it!..and it is directly across the road!?...

So I wasn't going to chance giving them the satisfaction of talking down to me...especially as I was "in a bit of a flap" anyway(..it wouldn't have ended well... :D )

If our gas usage was greater or we were able to just "pop over the channel", I'd switch to a refillable bottle without hesitation.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Yes we have considered a Gaslow system more than once, and like most things in life, with the benefit of hindsight we should have done it, but as we don't have a bottomless pocket, and there always seems to be other demands it's stayed on the back burner, where it will probably have to stay now we are on a small fixed pension.

" wonder if there's a further discount for senility". 1footinthegrave 2013-06-17 1:29 PM.

I'm not sure, but if anyone finds one I would appreciate the heads up...........

Now where was I ?..........

Archived