Water ingress - help please

clairedave

Can anyone recommend a company/individual to carry out some repairs on my compass in Manchester area? In bad weather yesterday water came pouring in and knocked out electrics . Under tarpauline but needs help ASAP. Anyone with any recommendation? :-(

Guest JudgeMental

you dont say where the water coming in from..if its a heki it might be the fixings as there is a known problem with them. a bodge is to put silicone sealant in screw holes. all a dealer does is remove screws and replace the perished (poor) washers with new ones....

Try these guys...I have not used them but would have had they been nearer, when I had accident damage with my euramobil. Very down to earth and don't seem like they turn a drama into a crisis.... EG you dont get the impression they are rip off merchants

http://www.crossleycoachcraft.co.uk/home.htm

JudgeMental - 2013-06-15 4:44 PM

you dont say where the water coming in from..if its a heki it might be the fixings as there is a known problem with them. a bodge is to put silicone sealant in screw holes. all a dealer does is remove screws and replace the perished (poor) washers with new ones....

Try these guys...I have not used them but would have had they been nearer, when I had accident damage with my euramobil. Very down to earth and don't seem like they turn a drama into a crisis.... EG you dont get the impression they are rip off merchants

http://www.crossleycoachcraft.co.uk/home.htm

Dear o Dear o Dear, is that a link to a Commercial Site ?

That`s you heading for the " Naughty Corner ".....unless.....you`re one of the " In Crowd " !

Guest JudgeMental

If you cant see the difference with this situation.....well

Pretty obvious claire & dave are upset and you are not helping are you.. Anyway I agreed with you in the other post along with others!

Thanks - I think! Why is so hard to find a 'decent' and god forbid 'trustworthy' company to help. Where are we suppose to go for a good job? Can't do myself, just want a professional. If you want a good tradesman I find website like 'rated people' to be good or 'good garage guide' for mechanics. But cant find anything similar to help with picking decent motorhome repair company. Surly they can't all be ripe off merchants?

Thanks - I think! Why is so hard to find a 'decent' and god forbid 'trustworthy' company to help. Where are we suppose to go for a good job? Can't do myself, just want a professional. If you want a good tradesman I find website like 'rated people' to be good or 'good garage guide' for mechanics. But cant find anything similar to help with picking decent motorhome repair company. Surly they can't all be ripe off merchants?

Guest JudgeMental
claire&dave - 2013-06-15 7:37 PM

I can assure you when I was looking around for a repairer Crossley stood out a mile. I ended up going through my insurance in the end and used motorhome coachcraft in Luton, they are good also, but Crossley really made an impression. So you call, visit, and make your own minds up. you still have not said what is actually wrong *-)

anyway, there are loads of repairers around just google it....

I concur with judge Reccomendation.

I have never used them but oop north they have a very good reputation. If i remember correctly They started off at Dave baron caravans which became discover.

Archived