On our way!

Tony Jones

Guest pelmetman
That Bruce bloke is a right slapper *-).....................he'll dance with anyone :D.....................Watch out Tony ;-)........................or you'll end up as a international wool smuggler 8-)........

Thanks for those Bruce - NOT!

I wasn't even drinking, as we'd given a lift to our relatives so we couldn't stay in the car park.

I've got a nice pic of you and Kathy, but it'll have to wait til we get home before I can downsize it.

Back at Sitges now, had a lovely evening with my two brothers & their wives, who've all just been over to the campsite for coffee. On our way north again shortly, to la belle France - whatever tales of woe people post about the weather there!

Guest JudgeMental
Bordeaux and south of it look very bleak weather wise, north of it not to bad....are you taking a westerly route?

As Eddie says, further north a bit better. In fact, La Flotte absolutely stinking today - it has been a long time coming.

Unfortunately, we are leaving tomorrow for a Caen crossing, shame after 3 months touring but we have to get back to go on holiday in a few weeks time!

Safe trip Tony.

Hi Tony

We are currently in Montagne-sur Gironde just north of Bordeaux, been here 5 nights. Weather has been really nice and to-day very hot. Sad to say we are leaving to-morrow, ferry home on Tuesday. We did not get to see Bruce, when in Calpe, but maybe next time. Enjoy rest of your trip

PJay

No tales of bad weather here Tony.

We are sitting looking out over a glorious morning in Cannes.

We traveled north from the Pyrenees and have had good weather.

The Mistral was blowing for 4 days but it helped cool the hot days.

Carcassonne was brilliant.

Cap de Agde was very windy and the ASCI Campground was rubbish just a dust bowl.

Palavas les Flots Aire was brilliant so was the weather. Expensive at €16 with electricity but located in a marina on the canal with huge parking bays. The French fight for space around the boat haven while the smart money is under the pine trees. It a 5 min walk uptown to the beach, restaurants and shops. There is a cycleway all the way back to Montpellier along the canal. The 16km round trip was tough going in the wind but it helped as the days were 30 degrees.

Arles was hot again windy first day but it died on the second and the city is outstanding - we'll be back.

Stayed at an ASCI in La Londe les Maures near St Trop - it was rubbish again. Only stayed the night. We should have stayed at the Aire up the road.

Now in one of our favorite place Le Ranch in Le Cannet just above Cannes. It's going to be another hot day and we'll be off the Nice by bus for €1.

We left Barcelona two weeks ago and the only bad weather we have had was crossing the Pyrenees. We were in Andorra the day after the floods as we were heading for Lourdes but decided to head east instead after watching the news.

We have been very lucky with the weather - it was hot and clear throughout Spain with only one or two days when it rained and a few when it was overcast.

We are heading north after here for Bavaria before crossing northern France on our way back to the UK.

Poppy - 2013-07-01 7:47 AM

Pleased you are enjoying your hols and discovering how good the ACSI can be.

We have used Aires and ASCI throughout our trip and it was only the two Campground on the French south coast that have been less than favorable. Both Agde and Le Londe had tiny pitches on dry and dusty ground with difficult access and we have a PVC. And both places were crawling with noisy kids and dogs.

Gosh, is it REALLY that long since I posted an update?

Since crossing into l'Hexagone, we've used a lovely France Passion vineyard at Villeneuve-Minervois not far from Carcassonne, the campsite at Trebes (again - somewhere in Forum history there's a photo of me cooking outside our old van on this site), and aires at Cahors, Collonges-la-Rouge and Clessé - all great places to stay, only Cahors feels like a car park (because it is!).

Now we're at Nantes, on the campsite. The alleged Aire next door required €12, plus membership of some outfit we've never heard fo before, and the site was still in its ACSI season, so for €14 incl EHU here we are for a couple of nights. Went into the city this afternoon, planning more time there tomorrow.

The weather started to turn gloomy while we were still in the South, but has been hot and sunny form midweek onwards - including today.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a busy couple of weeks since we got home, and only just had time to resize this rare picture of a couple of migrants known to you all as BGD/Bruce/Nomad, and Kathy aka Sparkle, as promised.

Aaaahhh ....

Btw Kathy, I know you want to sell some handbags, but arranging for them to get stolen seems a lot of trouble to go to ... :-D

889305009_BGDSparkle.JPG.6f3047d85952baab853422d921a02010.JPG

Archived