Bad week !!!!

Mel B

Nothing specifically to do with motorhomes but I just had to tell someone!!! First: On Wednesday the card access system at work, which I adminster, decided to start playing up and removing the access permissions set-up for staff, students etc ... since then I've been inundated with phone calls about it, unfortunately I can't do a ruddy thing about it as it's up to our techies to sort out with the supplier and they are all still working on it! Monday is going to be fun!!! Second: The purchasing system decided to pack up today ... at our financial year end, won't be fixed until some time next week. Monday is going to be interesting!!! Third: The Room Booking system decided to join the 'bust gang' as well, so again I've got a backlog of bookings to do and our main timetable download was due to be done today ... delayed until sometime next week!!! Monday is going to be chaotic! Fourth: Found out that our Finance person, who's on secondment, is going to be dragged back to her original job for a month at the beginning of our semester ... just at our busiest time of the year! Oh God, I really don't want Monday to come round! Fifth: Got a call from our tenant at tea-time today, the electric has gone off in the new bungalow he's renting from us! His is the only one affected and it's not the bungalow that's at fault ... there's no electric reaching it at all from the supply ... builder's emergency electricians have fortunately fixed him up with a temporary feed from the new property across the way which isn't occupied as yet but it won't be properly fixed until Monday and they'll probably have to dig up part of the lovely new roadway to do so! Monday is going to be hell! Sixth: Had another call from the tenant, next doors drains have blocked up and now so has the bungalows, builders want proof that it's their fault (if of course it is), but suspect it's the neighbours who've put something down the drain which they shouldn't. Fortunately neighbour's landlord lives locally and is sorting it out with a drain company she knows and we'll hopefully find out soon. Monday ... I hope it never gets here! Seventh: Gardening yesterday all the little bl**dy bugs in the garden must've nibbled me to bits as I've come out in loads of sore bumps today! No doubt they'll be itchy and sore as hell all weekend and just disappear nicely for Monday so I won't have an excuse not to go to work! Eighth: My Mum's come back off holiday today and she's not in a happy mood! No doubt she'll expect a visit on Monday! So, when you've got a problem with your motorhome which is just annoying you to death, just think of all the above and smile ... it could be worse!!!!! It could be MONDAY!!!!!!! AAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Jack wake up now you have more stamina than that.............I have not finished with you yet................Ok I'll Let you score one............. Gonna miss me for 2 week's jack............you better say yes or I'am telling the wife she is up for AUCTION

Update ... especially for Geoff ... I can't she grown men suffer, it's just not becoming!!!: 1) It got fixed on Tuesday fortunately ... just the backlog of access permissions to clear. 2) This also got fixed on Monday. 3) Got this back on Monday afternoon. 4) Don't even go there .... 5) Not heard a peep from our tenant ref the electrics ... and I'm not asking! 6) Not heard a peep from the other landlord either about the drains so she must've paid the bill ... it was probably a soft toy or nappy that her tenants had stuffed down it!!! 7) As predicted they were a lot better by Monday, but then I got a load more bites on Tuesday!!! 8) Managed to put the dreaded visit off until Tuesday but she was sulking!! On the up, had a lovely afternoon out on Sunday with husband's Mum (it was her 85th birthday on Monday) trip to Hornsea Mere to see the swans, ducks and geese, then potter to the beach for the dogs to have a paddle followed by a walk round an indoor market. Next off to Bridlington for a potter round the harbour and then ... excitement ... a trip on a Pirate ship!!!! Well, a converted fishing boat actually, but it was still great, his Mum absolutely loved it (for her 83rd birthday she was paddling in the sea with the dogs!!!). Then the best ending to the day ... going to Busy Bees chip shop and having fish, chips and mushy peas (in the camper of course), with a nice cup of tea. The best fish & chips in Brid, we've tried others but it's never been beaten. His Mum really enjoyed herself, we didn't have to spend a fortune, but would've if that'd been what she'd wanted, she just values spending time with us and having a bit of fun, she never stopped smiling all day bless her!! Mel B

Archived