Weather forecasting in France.

Den

Thanks for the replies. At present I use, AELIOS. Not sure how accurate it is and wanted more variations to plan our break more on weather than by places. If its rainy, we can do it later, if its hot, we stop.

In the past we disembark from the shuttle and haven't a clue where we're going, but always have an amazing time. We should be starting in the alps.

Den

In Florac now , was in Roque Gageac yesterday, previously in Brantome, Vendome & Pont D'Arche and it has been raining a fair bit! Apparently, (according to the Dutch proprietor of Camping Vezac in the Dordogne) France Meteo only give a forecast Mon- Friday, over the weekend it is a computer prediction which everyone dismisses. Locally they use a farming forecast which was spot on. Best compare 3 or 4 of them to get a "feel"!

Guest 1footinthegrave

We've been over for the last two weeks, perhaps we have been lucky as we have only had one brief thunder storm in that time when at Le Puy, to be honest I have very little confidence in weather forecasts, but If we have access to the net as we have here this morning I find weather underground is a very good website, that seems better than most at accuracy.But we do not need that this morning, black as night and pissng down here.

Incidentally Rouen had set up a huge Aire for the tall ships, but also be aware there are still roadworks ongoing, so if reliant on your Satnav you could be in for an interesting time.

Guest JudgeMental
auntyjanet1 - 2013-06-18 9:49 PM

Been in France now for two weeks and weather very mixed ,Vendee some days sun some rain and from Royan up to Saumur thunder,lightning and heavy rain for last couple of days,and forecast for next couple of days not much better!

:D

If you look on link posted earlier you will see that is the picture throughout France including the south coast...FYI there are other, and far nicer countries available, with far better more consistent weather patterns and I will be heading to one next month and that is Italy! 8th year on the trot and magnificent summers every one :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Germany/Italy/Spain/switzerland/austria even the UK, are having fantastic weather..another day's drive and you could be as well.......Some seem to love torturing themselves. :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-06-19 4:38 PM

Germany/Italy/Spain/switzerland/austria even the UK, are having fantastic weather..another day's drive and you could be as well.......Some seem to love torturing themselves. :-D

SOME of Spain maybe Eddie, but nowhere we've been in the past 2 days (Bilbao, Pamplona & southwards). It's been uniformly awful until we approached this site at Villafranca, and it's still no better than we're used to in Essex in April.

Anyone know how it is on the Costas now?

Guest JudgeMental
Tony Jones - 2013-06-19 4:49 PM

SOME of Spain maybe Eddie, but nowhere we've been in the past 2 days (Bilbao, Pamplona & southwards). It's been uniformly awful until we approached this site at Villafranca, and it's still no better than we're used to in Essex in April.

Its great by the looks of it, 26 in Alicante... if you can get on here surely you can get a weather forecast?

http://woozor.fr/meteo-gratuite-10-jours/meteo-de-paris-en-france_62_6463_fr.html

For daily updates on my Android phone I use Weather France, a free app. I consult the France Meteo website for an overall view then Weather France for the local weather at our destination, it works just like the UK Met Office app and store different locations.

JudgeMental - 2013-06-19 5:02 PM

Its great by the looks of it, 26 in Alicante... if you can get on here surely you can get a weather forecast?

http://woozor.fr/meteo-gratuite-10-jours/meteo-de-paris-en-france_62_6463_fr.html

Yes, can do that easily enough - this campsite (yes, you heard me right,we're on a CAMPSITE! - courtesy of ACSI) has Wifi.

But I just wondered if anyone was in the region right now, ready to describe the womderful weather they're actually experiencing?

Tony Jones - 2013-06-19 5:49 PM

Tony - we just got back from 4 weeks tootling round mid-Portugal and then northern coast of Spain ourselves 2 days ago (incidentally Rich..."Tracker"...and Dot are also up there on tour at present, we met up with and got rather drunk with them them at an Aire on the northern coast last Monday night!!).

Here back home on the northern part of the Costa Blanca (a bit inland from Denia) it's very warm, blue skies with the odd tiny bit of hazy cloud, and the big yellow fireball thing is very prevalent.

About 26 degrees this afternoon in the shade.....I've already been in the pool for some lengths at lunchtime, and amount to have another dip now.

Forecast is for more of the same, but with temps increasing sharply into next week..........

http://www.eltiempo.es/orba.html

Get down this way if you want sun!

Archived