Guide book

Noodles

We're planning a trip to France in the next few months and was talking to some fellow motorhomes whilst away recently and they suggested a book that the CC have which is a comprehehensive guide to travelling around France and other European countries. It supposed has lists of Aires, sites and other information for £30 but I can't find it listed. Have looked at other guides on the Internet but they din't seem to be as comprehensive as this guide is supposed to be.

Does anyone else have this bible as its referred to :-D

Guest JudgeMental
I just download guides for our kindles, normally rough guide and lonely planet. Downloads of all the aires and campsites are available free online to put on a sat nav. CC have a pair of books on campsites which are useful, they dont tend to offer info on Aires as caravans can't use them, unless this is something new. You can get up to date reviews from various camping websites, UK campsites, Alan Rogers and zoover for a start, so don't really see the point in paying for them...

Hi Noodles - unfortunately the folks who were talking to you don't seem to have known what they were talking about regarding CC campsite guides or you misunderstood them. The CC produces 3 books called "Caravan Europe" These books provide details about sites which have been provided by members. There is a book specifically about France, another about Spain and Portugal with a third covering the rest of Europe. They are available for anyone to purchase but are considerably cheaper for CC members. We have usually found them to be a pretty good indication of what a site is like. As someone else has pointed out these books provide details about sites but not aires.

Now you have the facts you know what you are looking for so can check out details on CC website - look in the "shop" section of the site and you will see a "Caravan Europe" section. I'm surprised that you haven't already been able to find out about these on CC web.site

Archived