German LEZ

tonyfletcher

Hello Everyone,

I am visiting Germany next month and I seem to remember that I may need an Badge on the windscreen to avoid a fine.

Did I read somewhere that some Internet companies are charging large amounts of money for these Badges.

Can anyone advise me of where to get these badges from and their experiences?

cheers

tony

I would suggest you check that you need the LEZ sticker first. It's only a requirement in a few city centres. We've travelled around Germany a bit recently and were surprised to see quite a few German 'vans without one. A German 'van owner on a stellplatz we spoke to was of the opinion we wouldn't need it. We did buy one online a few years ago for our old 'van but haven't bothered forr the last 2 years.

If you need one just take your Registration Document (which you should carry anyway) to a car garage which displays the sign and they will sell you one for very little (I think about 10 euros, but certainly not a lot). They are valid for the lifetime of the 'van.

good luck

If you are touring around just keep an eye open for a major garage and call in there show them your registration document and they give you the appropriate sticker. It takes 5 mins and costs 5 Euro. We asked at the campsite reception and they directed me to the local Bosch dealer.

We got a yellow one for our 2004 2 ltr Ducato. Which is not much good in any big cities but at least we made an effort.

Hi Tony.

Just returned from a 6 week tour of Germany, got my low emission zone sticker (Umweltzone Plakette) by post from Cologne before leaving home, cost €5.00 had to fill out a form and enclose copy of registration document, they wanted payment by bank credit transfer but I just stapled a €5.00 note to the application form and they accepted it, took less than a week for the sticker to arrive. I will try to attach a copy of the application form for you but if unsuccessful the address is :-

Stadt Koln.

KFZ-Zulassungsstelle.

Max-Glomsda-Strasse 4

51105 Koln

Germany

Regards

Phydaux

emission sticker application Koln..pdf

tonyfletcher - 2013-06-24 3:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am visiting Germany next month and I seem to remember that I may need an Badge on the windscreen to avoid a fine.

Did I read somewhere that some Internet companies are charging large amounts of money for these Badges.

Can anyone advise me of where to get these badges from and their experiences?

cheers

tony

This is the site.

https://www.berlin.de/labo/kfz/dienstleistungen/feinstaubplakette.shop.en.php

Archived