burstner quadro

nasher

Thank you rudders and keith to my query. The reason I put the question in the first place is, I have seen

a 2008 quadro with 7. 000 miles on the clock and 3 owners!!!!

Which makes me think there could be problems.

nasher - 2013-06-25 12:51 PM

Thank you rudders and keith to my query. The reason I put the question in the first place is, I have seen

a 2008 quadro with 7. 000 miles on the clock and 3 owners!!!!

Which makes me think there could be problems.

not necessarily, whether you have seen the quadro at a dealer or it is a private sale then you must ensure that you have, or get a water ingress report along with a habitation report,for peace of mind, if from a dealer then you should get some form of warranty, 6 or 12 months would be the norm, if private then don't buy before getting these checks done, also look for a service history on the base vehicle, hope this helps.

Guest JudgeMental
" 3 owners!!!! " not surprised with an overhang like that!...weigh it, damp test it and HPI check it....and test drive it. incidentally why have you started another thread it just gets confusing *-)

Guest pelmetman

5 years old............3 owners...............7000 miles........... 8-)................

Makes you wonder don't it :-S..........maybe its just been unlucky in finding a decent home :D

Depending on when it was built, as opposed to registered, it may be one of those with unresolvable reverse judder. Test drive, in reverse, on hill, very desirable! ;-)

It should, or course, have the checks carried out, as it is liable to be right at the end of its 5 years water ingress warranty.

I would say look very carefully at the layout from a practicality standpoint. I would also try to find out of the present seller - assuming a dealer - has sold it to any of its previous owners. Their records may give a clue as to possible reliability problems.

Something seems to have put people off it. It may just be they misjudged it, or it may be a lemon. Look carefully, and then look again!

But, if you like it, and it drives OK, and the rest is sound and in good condition, it could equally be an excellent buy.

The mileage and 3 owners could indicate it's spent a couple of years of it's life standing on dealers forecourts, could end up with all sorts of sleepy van syndrome problems. Check carefully gearbox, clutch etc., operate smoothly, check the tyres throughly, if the date on them indicates they are original insist on a new set.

This style of layout looks good on paper - 2 double beds, sleeps 4. When the front bed is lowered you loose the use of the lounge. fine if you all go to bed at the same time. It could be that previous owners did not get on with the layout. Hence, the change of ownership.

Sometimes the supplying dealer is listed as the first owner if he pre-registered the vehicle.

Archived