Tesco club card

Geoff Bell

I,ve been told that your tesco club card points are worth 4 times their value if you use them to book the Eurotunnel. Can anyone elaborate and confirm, better still has anybody used them, or was it a limited offer. Its certainly worth knowing about if its true.

Geoff, I have never heard of that but tha'ts not to say it's not true.. We use the REGULAR frequent travelers club . You can go across 10 trip 5going 5 return for £49 which we didn't find to bad . we remember at onetime paying rediculous amounts to get across.. When they run out you just book another 10 we have yet to have trouble boarding and they alway's seem to have a space everytime . So we pay one lumpsum of £390 then 9.75 everytime we book the £9.75 being because we take the camper and not the car....hope this help's

[QUOTE]Geoff Bell - 2006-08-05 9:44 PM I,ve been told that your tesco club card points are worth 4 times their value if you use them to book the Eurotunnel. Can anyone elaborate and confirm, better still has anybody used them, or was it a limited offer. Its certainly worth knowing about if its true.[/QUOTE] Hi Geoff Yes - the tesco clubcard points are worth four times their face value if you use them toward any of the items in the clubcard deals booklet that should have come with your tesco clubcard vouchers. We shop at tesco for the weekly shop and diesel for two of us and this year had £49 worth of vouchers which gave us £196 toward out eurotunnel crossing (including £60 for two dogs) which we used in late may and returned last week in june. In previous years we have done the same on Dover to Calias crossings with P&O. As far as I know this is a regular feature of the clubcard scheme - the various crossings have appeared in the clubcard deals booklet for a number of years. You send off the vouchers with the order form for your crossing and tesco will return the new vouchers (worth 4x the amount) and details of how to book with eurotunnel. You can then pick your dates from the eurotunnel website but you need to ring them on the number given and book - you willl receive a confirmation letter from eurotunnel with a booking reference number. When you arrive at the tunnel you put this number into the machine and get your tickets. Good luck and have a good trip, regards, david

Just a tip for the users of Eurotunnel, if you arrive at the Terminal in good time, don't use the automatic chrck in as that will only check you in on your booked crossing. If you go to the manual check-in booth you may well be able to get on an earlier shuttle. Brian

I use the club card vouchers for Euro Tunnel, ive found the ticket office staff obliging when it comes to getting on an earlier train, last year i went on an empty train with another camper as it was required in France because of a back log of passengers. They could have sent it empty but its so quick to load and i love that 35 minute journey just enough time for a brew hot water in a flask of course cant have the gas on. Pete

Hi, do you really get the savings or are the times and routes etc specific to the use of the club card vouchers, and could you get the same disscount by using other methods ie. the CC or one of the many ferry ticket web sites. The reason I ask is that what is actually in it for the ferry operator or the likes of national garage ? as they are the ones that appear on the face of it to be suffering the reduction in there operating profits/rates ? as Tesco has already got you money in the shopping that you have done ? and the vouchers that you earn are just a very small disscount from your shopping bill ? be interested in your thoughts ??

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2006-08-08 10:19 AM Hi, do you really get the savings or are the times and routes etc specific to the use of the club card vouchers, and could you get the same disscount by using other methods ie. the CC or one of the many ferry ticket web sites. The reason I ask is that what is actually in it for the ferry operator or the likes of national garage ? as they are the ones that appear on the face of it to be suffering the reduction in there operating profits/rates ? as Tesco has already got you money in the shopping that you have done ? and the vouchers that you earn are just a very small disscount from your shopping bill ? be interested in your thoughts ??[/QUOTE] Hi enodreven You can redeem the vouchers against any of the normal scheduled crossings but you cannot use them in conjunction with any other offer. If you can get a good deal elsewhere but have tesco vouchers you may be better off using them for one of their other offers in the clubcard deals booklet. In terms of who pays - I think it is shared between the shopper in the price they pay for the goods and the shareholders in giving away some (albeit a tiny amount) of their profits to encourage more people to shop with tesco. All in all, it's not a bad deal though. Regards, david

You can also get points from Tesco Visa cards, although they have recently introduced 'new' cards which don't give quite as good a deal. We have been using their vouchers for several years now we shop at tesco with clubcards and top up the points with their Visa cards. You get vouchers from them 4 times a year and they are valid for 2 years, you save them [if used in store they only attract their face value] and then swap them for their deals vouchers. So £200 of Tesco clubcard vouchers recently got us £800 of of ferry vouchers [can't even THINK about the tunnel!] So we are going to Bilbao and back club class in September!! Downside: you pay top P&O rates, vouchers when traded have a booking life of 6 months, P&O don't give 'change', otherwise everything else is as normal, you can change dates subject to the admin charge. see http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/ or http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/ Can't lose as long as they keep 'em coming. No-one else to my knowledge offers 75% discounts, and if you get your mindset right and don't think of them as money but 'freebies' then you get 100% discount, :-> :-> so stop *-) worrying Brian and get on the bandwagon while it lasts :D B-)

I hadn't collected enough voucher to pay for the full cost of the crossing, but P&O allowed me to use all my vouchers and make the rest up with cash. I have booked a return crossing in September from Bilboa upgraded to club double and still only cost me £155 (lol) . I really can't see anyone matching that deal. I also took my grandchildren to longleat in May should have been £68 entrance and I only had to collect £18 in vouchers.

Archived