North Star

rolandrat

Whilst in France I came across a North Star demount that had been removed from a double cab Nissan pick-up. At first I thought I had something wrong with my vision but then realised that the pick-ups chassis was badly bent at a convex angle. The owner was obviously far from happy and had to hire a car to be able to enjoy his holiday whilst waiting for the supplying dealer to arrange to send another pick-up to take the demount back to the UK. It seems that the Nissans chassis is not as strong as other makes so I was told. The owner had fitted air suspension units to assist the springs.

Guest JudgeMental

I had quality Swedish demountable campers for years on both Ford and Mitsubishi 4x4 with absolutely no problems...only changed to a camper because kids where getting to big and difficult in carrying bikes. i suspect these are the cheap and decidedly nasty American import campers you are talking about, and not surprised as the build quality non existent.....the Nissan navara a pretty good base vehicle but the new VW amorok looks like best bet now.....

Air suspension a must with these rigs....the prices now of the good German makes have gone stratospheric..

Archived