DAB reception on Fiat Adria Twin x250

rogermash

I want to change my poor sterio for a DAB unit, but am having trouble sourcing a dab aerial. I understand that the adria twin has tinted windscreen so a stick on model would not be suitable. I live near the lakes so reception will not be wonderfull. Any ideas ?

If your current reception on FM is good, and you have the customary roof aerial, then you may just get away with using a "splitter".

In theory, this is not as good as a dedicated DAB aerial, but I successfully used that method on my previous (A-class) 'van which had a factory-fitted roof aerial.

Most DAB units will require both an FM and DAB connection, so retaining the existing aerial is probably a requirement anyway.

An example of the one I used is

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=PC6536

....other outlets may do it cheaper.

It takes a single input from the aerial, and splits it into both an FM and DAB output, with the appropriate connectors.

Note, it is not passive, but requires a power supply. This is best supplied via a switched source, and most decent aftermarket stereos are capable of providing this via a feed designed for similar purposes (such as a retractable aerial relay circuit) which is live only whilst the set is working.

Archived