windows

carolh

one of my windows has just dropped out! It didn't hit the ground (thank goodness) as I was holding onto one of the window catches. I loosened the knob on the stay and pushed and it came out of the top 'groove' anybody else had this happen? Is it only held in by friction and rubber? Carol

sorted it, needed to wait till Charles got home, it was a two person job, one inside and one out. Charles took off the end piece of the window channel and slid out the rail which holds the window, and we unscrewed the stays from the window frame and lifted the window clear. Then cleaned the whole lot, put the rubber back on the top edge pf the windpw and with the help of a rubber mallet and lots of patience tapped the aluminium channel back - gripping the rubber and the top edge of the window. Slid the whole thing back into the channel on the side of the van, re-attached the window stays, and put the end piece back on. Job done. I just can't believe how easily it just fell out, perhaps the hot weather expanded the aluminium , the rubber stayed where it was in the channel but the window just parted company. You never stop learning do you :-S Carol

Archived