France Bastile Day

kelly58

At Carcassonne we have a brilliant firework display as do many other towns and cities. When we had a boat in Port Grimaud in the 70s we used to let off all the out of date flares (highly illegal).

All the autoroutes heading for the coasts will be overcrowded that weekend as most of France will be going on holiday, so not a good time to travel.

Rampaging mobs of peasants; lots of people getting their heads chopped off; big mansions being torched, plebs over-running the main armoury store in Paris........................................oh, but that was a few years ago now.

Guest JudgeMental

Yeah..just stay at home and enjoy Les Misérables on a giant TV! :-D

Have never had a problem travelling at this time.

A few years ago we came home from France on Bastille day, on Brittany ferries.

A mass of red white and blue balloons were released when we left Ouistreham - and a tug of war competition was arranged of the rear deck.

All the seats were cleared away and I joined a team representing the passengers ( for which I received a glass of ' punch ' ).

;-)

BGD - 2013-07-03 9:37 AMRampaging mobs of peasants; lots of people getting their heads chopped off; big mansions being torched, plebs over-running the main armoury store in Paris.......................................

Now you are talking sounds like my sort of fun better than any good book. Can't wait.

BGD - 2013-07-03 9:37 AM

Rampaging mobs of peasants; lots of people getting their heads chopped off; big mansions being torched, plebs over-running the main armoury store in Paris........................................oh, but that was a few years ago now.

Think it was last year actually! :-D

Archived