calais overnight

conitioner

Hamish

You are normally quite helpful with your replies but the one above borders on being rude. It is only the 8th post from this new poster and maybe, like me, they find the search facility a little difficult until time and experience kicks in. To redeem yourself you have posted a link.

Art

sshortcircuit - 2013-07-04 8:15 AM

Unfortunately there are times when I find it irksome that some posters come on with the absolutely basic questions that they could easily research themselves . If I was wanting to be rude there are plenty on here that I can take lessons from

Sadly, you are right about that.

If you just want to park up without driving anywhere just drive out of the port and drive back in using the no reservations/no ticket lane there is a big car park you can overnight in you will see loads of caravans and motorhomes there.

I would head for Calais 2 at N 50º57.645 E 01º 50.781 in the yacht basin. We were on the beachside aire on 25 th June and it was full by 4.0pm . A lot more room and quieter as further away from the ferries. The municipal camp site has closed permanently and is being built on. Talking to the council parking collector they are going to turn the yacht basin into a permanent marked aire and probably close the beach aire to use for car parking.

Archived