ELECSOL BATTERY

Harvey-the-rv

spospe - 2013-07-13 8:50 PM

spospe - 2013-07-11 4:44 PM

I am in the market for an additional battery and naturally am researching what is available before placing an order.

I have written to ELECSOL using their web based enquiry service, asking them to comment on this thread (I included this thread's web address in my query).

No reply to date.

Surely you didn't seriously expect a response from Elecsol?

"The words of a wise man's mouth are sweet to all, but the lips of a foolish man are his destruction." (Ecclesiastes 10:12)

Derek Uzzell - 2013-07-14 8:09 AM

spospe - 2013-07-13 8:50 PM

spospe - 2013-07-11 4:44 PM

I am in the market for an additional battery and naturally am researching what is available before placing an order.

I have written to ELECSOL using their web based enquiry service, asking them to comment on this thread (I included this thread's web address in my query).

No reply to date.

Surely you didn't seriously expect a response from Elecsol?

"The words of a wise man's mouth are sweet to all, but the lips of a foolish man are his destruction." (Ecclesiastes 10:12)

I have not personally dealt with ELECSOL and so was writing to them in the hope that they would give their side of the story (as there are always two sides).

It seems to me that if they were to give a half-way reasonable reply then in my eyes at least they would not be so bad as painted.

Dave Newell seems to have a different experience to the rest of the posters on this thread and I wonder why this is? Perhaps he is a bulk buyer and thus has more clout, or is he simply going about contacting ELECSOL is a different manner to the rest?

As things stand, I will not be buying my battery from ELECSOL; it's not worth the risk.

This earlier thread refers to the position warranty-wise regarding Elecsol batteries factory-fitted to Auto-Trail motorhomes (so may be of interest to Raysj).

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/Suspect-leisure-batteries-how-to-prove-it-/27241/#M313642

A GOOGLE search on "Elecsol warranty" retrieves sufficient negative comments over a long enough period to (in my opinion) discourage any right-thinking person from purchasing a battery directly from Elecsol. I haven't done an in-depth study of the complaints, but when warranty-related problems occur an intermediate retailer (like Dave Newell) does not normally seem to have been involved. This is what one might reasonably expect, as companies may be prepared to go head-to-head with Joe Public buyers on an individual basis, but are much less likely to do the same with a retailer.

A few people on this thread have been critical of Elecsol's attitude to warranty claims, but Dave Newell's remarks have been positive. If Dave's remarks (as an Elecsol retailer) had been negative they would have carried real weight and I'm pretty sure you would not have felt any need to contact Elecsol for comments.

• 2 months later...

I have just Googled for the Elecsol website and Google couldn't find it but it came up with this item in a forum:

"Elecsol Batteries - Have they folded?

Ordered some Elecsol batteries last month.

They have still not arrived, all telephone calls go direct to an answer phone and they do not respond to messages or email.

I visited their offices at Neston on the Wirral this pm and they seem long abandoned.

I also talked to a major UK battery supplier and they told me they too were unable to contact Elecsol and advised me to select an alternative manufacturer.

That's all I have. Draw your own conclusions. "

Does anyone know if this is true?

scramblers - 2013-10-14 5:02 PM

I have just Googled for the Elecsol website and Google couldn't find it but it came up with this item in a forum:

"Elecsol Batteries - Have they folded?

Ordered some Elecsol batteries last month.

They have still not arrived, all telephone calls go direct to an answer phone and they do not respond to messages or email.

I visited their offices at Neston on the Wirral this pm and they seem long abandoned.

I also talked to a major UK battery supplier and they told me they too were unable to contact Elecsol and advised me to select an alternative manufacturer.

That's all I have. Draw your own conclusions. "

Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes afraid they have gone.

Dave

I actually have one in the van as a leisure battery and it has worked well for the last 4 years, so maybe I was just lucky. However, I am sure that sooner or later it will go 'pop' and I will have to get another one. I bought it originally as it was lighter than normal 110 amp batteries.

I will not moan too much as batteries can vary in iifespans, sometimes a few years other times, they seem to go on for ever. Pot luck really.

Archived