Flashed in France

spospe

spospe - 2013-07-05 5:06 PM

About three weeks ago in France I was flashed by a speed camera in a 70 zone (I was doing circa 75). Anyone know what the likely outcome will be? (nothing in the post so far).

Outcome? Nada. Zilch.

They can't get you in the UK for such a minor offence, and they can't access UK DLVA database, so don't know who you are/where you live.

So for now, worry ye not.

BUT, there is a proposal rumbling around the corridors of EU power to change this present system, so that the registration details in each country are available to authorities in others. How they'd actually enforce a fine from France into the UK is still dubious so far as I can see though.

They have the reg of spospe's van so it will be logged somewhere, so next time the van is in France 'who knows'. I don't think there will be a follow up though this time.

I was once caught coming out the Arlberg Tunnel travelling East, limit was (is) 80km I was doing 85km, police got me on the radar gun and I was find 90 shillings which was then £4.50p. Easy reckoning them days because Austrian shillings were virtually the same as ours, 20/21 shillings to the £

Bruce, I was under the impression that there was a reciprocal agreement with the other EU members that speedsters could be find and also get whatever the points were.

Probable wrong. :-S

Dave

Agree with Bruce. A French waiter friend here whose brother is a Gendarme confirms that there is no reciprocal agreement - - Yet!

Even if they have the Reg No., they don't follow it up. I was "flashed" 2 years ago near Colmar & nothing happened.

Legislation came into force on 1st October 2009 and allows the Government to chase any fines issued in the EU above 70 euro. The agreement is called 'The Cross Border Enforcement Directive' the good news was we 'opt out' of it, wheather we have 'opt in' since, I've no idea.

Dave

Guest pelmetman

I was flashed going up hill in Biarritz 8-)..................

I was so chuffed B-)..................the thought of Horace getting a speeding ticket....... going uphill!! :D

Never got nuffink though :'(

nowtelse2do - 2013-07-06 6:07 PMLegislation came into force on 1st October 2009 and allows the Government to chase any fines issued in the EU above 70 euro. The agreement is called 'The Cross Border Enforcement Directive' the good news was we 'opt out' of it, wheather we have 'opt in' since, I've no idea.Dave

No this directive has not been enacted by the U.K, Eire and Denmark.

Now those complaining about Polish drivers not paying parking fines or speeding tickets in the UK can ask themselves why

French link here, try Google or IM translator

• 4 months later...

Archived