toll route and other holiday help articles

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

pretty good set of articles on travelling europe wide in 2013 on Promobil website. The one on tolls interesting, giving 3 routes and cost for transversing various popular holiday destinations. they have some free apps as well for motorhome parking etc...

Obviously from a german perspective, but still very handy tips like crossing Austria without go box .routes to Croatia, Sweden, plus drunk cycling (Oop's!) etc....etc.... :-D

http://tinyurl.com/ph33ja3

You need to click on "Holiday 2013" on top bar...

Guest JudgeMental
johnnerontheroad - 2013-07-05 6:01 PM

Judge do you think the UK will ever get a magazine with articles and info like that?

pretty unlikely unfortunately, what do you think.......They could really learn a lot from the way they "test" the vans as well..really in depth from different perspectives, including weights even down to the weight of each wheel :-S

auntyjanet1 - 2013-07-06 12:43 AM

Judge thanks for the link enjoyed reading the mag,and all it's other info , how did you do that if the mag is in German and you can,t download a digital copy. *-)

Maybe use google translate on the Google Chrome browser, it magically turns the thing into English.

Guest JudgeMental

I only posted it because i thought then 2013 travel content very useful....Plus the free android/iphone parking downloads.

Yes Bruce...I use google chrome and it automatically translates. I even joined the German e bike forum as they discuss the kind of high spec e bikes that interest me, and I kind of manage OK on there. I started out posting using auto translation but a moderator contacted me and said best post in English as many germans understand it...so far it works OK'ish

when looking for a new van I always look at this other magazine as well. you can buy in depth review for 80 cents..it is a download PDF file, but you can translate it in chunks..bit of a pain but the info worth the effort

http://tinyurl.com/nqmrgp5

JudgeMental - 2013-07-05 10:57 PM

johnnerontheroad - 2013-07-05 6:01 PM

Judge do you think the UK will ever get a magazine with articles and info like that?

pretty unlikely unfortunately, what do you think.......They could really learn a lot from the way they "test" the vans as well..really in depth from different perspectives, including weights even down to the weight of each wheel :-S

I don't think we will ever get a mag like this as long as they publish for the benefit of the advertisers not the reader, I have also used the 80 cent reviews and translated them works well and you can go back and get reviews on old models great for research on the second hand market.

Dave

BGD - 2013-07-06 12:40 AM

auntyjanet1 - 2013-07-06 12:43 AM

Judge thanks for the link enjoyed reading the mag,and all it's other info , how did you do that if the mag is in German and you can,t download a digital copy. *-)

Maybe use google translate on the Google Chrome browser, it magically turns the thing into English.

Loads of online translators available but the Google one does seem to be the best, don't need to use Chrome there is an add on for Firefox. Also worth bookmarking the google translator page as its useful for copying and pasting PDF's to translate.

Just discovered there is a digital version, using the wife's ipad at the moment when I went to the Pro Mobile site gave the option to download an app, via the app digital copies of the mag are £2.49 each.

Doesn't say what the format is probably PDF which would be a pain to copy and paste every page maybe there is an applet that will do it, may have to risk £2.49 to try it.

Archived