Insurance

sandmaster

Hi All,

This is my 1st attempt on the forum and starts with a moan i am afraid, I had a Bessacarr 465 , 2008 model and insured with a company Stavelly Head when I traded in against my Majestic 155 last month because it was over 35k they could not insure and would not give refund for the remaining 4 months insurance, their policy is over 7 months no refund, Has anyone else had experience with this lot before, if not please be careful if you decide to buy insurance from them.

Hi Sandmaster and Welcome.

Have your Insurance Company said why they will not refund if it is they that are refusing to insure you and not you wishing to leave them? £35K by the way seems a very low threshold for refusing or are they insisting you need a tracker?

cheers

derek

Hi Sandmaster welcome to themadhouse. this refusal to give any refund after just over half the life of the policy is not unusual. Its all there in the small print with a breakdown of how much they will give usually in %age terms. They claim it covers their overheads.

Docted

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply, another of their concerns is that it did not have Thatcham 2 immobiliser although it has a Peugeot equivalent , anyway now with Comfort insurance who gave a good deal, suppose sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

sandmaster - 2013-07-06 12:40 PM

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply, another of their concerns is that it did not have Thatcham 2 immobiliser although it has a Peugeot equivalent , anyway now with Comfort insurance who gave a good deal, suppose sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

Watch your no claims bonus with Comfort the don't give one.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Comfort-and-the-NCD-equivalent/31240/

Dave

I had a horendous time with Stavely Head when I changed my motorhome. I had to renew the policy on my old motorhome for a week (I'd had it a year and a week, when I changed it)

They would not give me a quote for the new MH but gave me a ball park figure assuring me it would be about £10-£20 more - it was over £150 more but by then they had me by the short n curlies.

When I e-mailed a letter of complaint the only reply I got was an email sent to me by mistake - it should have gone to another member of their staff and it was discussing my complaint - not very professional in my opinion.

It's now time to renew and I'm loathed to go with them again but so far my renewal figure is better than any quote I've has so far.

sandmaster - 2013-07-06 12:40 PM

Glad you are sorted Sandmaster, and if we are honest most motorhomers have probably all learned at least one lesson the hard way. I personally can chalk up 2 big lessons.

Now just go and enjoy

cheers

derek

Caravan Guard won't quote for the area I live in - the whole town is blacklisted - Ridiculous

Comfort were the cheapest and very very helpful. OK there's no no-claims, but then I don't need them and they're hardly worth the paper theyre written on - especially when the quote with no no-claims is cheaper than the one with

i had same problem with adrian flux every year they would send me a reminder then last year i heard nothing so i phoned them a few days before insurance was due and they more than doubled the cost from 300 t0 700 again a deliberate ploy thinking i would panic and pay up i didnt and got insured with caravan guard for 270, this year i have gone with aviva at 266my advice is to shop around.insurance is an evil necessary loyalty means nothing to these snakes

lazarus - 2013-07-15 5:46 PM

i had same problem with adrian flux every year they would send me a reminder then last year i heard nothing so i phoned them a few days before insurance was due and they more than doubled the cost from 300 t0 700 again a deliberate ploy thinking i would panic and pay up i didnt and got insured with caravan guard for 270, this year i have gone with aviva at 266my advice is to shop around.insurance is an evil necessary loyalty means nothing to these snakes

utrinque paratus

Archived