site recommendation south coast

ips

Need a site between Christ church and bognor regis or possibly shoreham sea view preferably on a beach or defo in walking distance Close to town or harbour can be cl cs or private.

Any ideas ?

Ha. Cheers lenny. Had a change of plan on our week hols we now want some sea air so cotswolds is now a one nighter. Also now looking at club site Norman bay in pevensey anyone got any comments on this site ?

Normans Bay is immediately behind a shingle beach, stayed there over 15 years ago all I can remember is typical club site with grumpy wardens who hated kids.

Nearby you have Bodiam Castle, Battle Abbey, pleasant walking countryside. A few miles from the start of the Cuckoo Trial a cycle path on a disused railway line which goes up to Heathfield.

you don't want much do you? B-)

There's the site at Southsea (portsmouth), at the south eastern corner of the island. You could stay at Hayling Island in the beachlands car park, but they charge a ridiculous £20 for overnighting.

There's a CL at Climping, midway between Bognor & Littlehampton, about 200m from the beach.

bolero boy - 2013-07-07 1:03 PM

Stayed at CL in Lancing, not bad, can cycle to Brighton if keen!

It's less than 8 miles but you do have to use the roads through Shoreham, which spoils it a bit, from Brighton marina you can carry on, on the under cliff path to Peacehaven about 29 miles round trip. Last time we did it daughter made us do a loop around Shoreham Beach as we had done less than 30 miles :D

Thanks everyone, currently at a lovely private site on the Thames south of oxford debating going to one of the sites suggested next few days. Will report back.

Ps , very very hot today.... phew

lennyhb - 2013-07-07 5:25 PM

Minicamper - 2013-07-07 4:28 PM

We like CCC site at Pevensey. Friendly and helpful staff nowadays!

That is Normans Bay!

I know, I was replying to Lenny's comment about the staff being grumpy 15 years ago!

Archived