It's too hot...........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Currently at "Dove Meadow" Marazion..............it's been hot since we left home on Friday 8-)............and its forecast to stay hot :-S..................it ain't natural 8-).................people were still swimming at 8 pm last night.......... ...this is Britain after all :D......

Nice site, 5 mins from beach and St Michaels Mount, large pitches.

P1000739web.jpg.68aa0d28794d19e4229ece6da62814f7.jpg

P1000742web.jpg.da69f0526bbd5c30d3855a99d446a0c8.jpg

P1000751web.jpg.274212c805501963e1e0aa05a131fae7.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
looks like you have settled in for a spell!lol we are away saturday week and long term forecast for Alsace great now, but awful for days we intend to visit *-) may not bother and move on....

I was there a fortnight ago and you could stay overnight in little carpark near town overlooking st michaels mount .course it was raining when I was there enjoy its lovely and mousel down road is really olde worldeand quaint .pp

RogerC - 2013-07-09 8:31 PM

46 degrees in our conservatory at the moment...............phew

What is "too hot"?

I had 38c outside temp......but that was in Albania! Imagine the heat in my van. Thank God I splashed out on some "air-con" from Morrisons before I left UK......an electric fan for nine quid!!

(lol)

macclad - 2013-07-09 9:28 PM

hy we are heading two spain for 2 months no aircon are we mad.

During this trip i've met a few British with large expensive motorhomes and been surprised to find they had no air-con. One couple I met in Croatia had neither habitation or cab air-con......and their van was only a few years old.

Guest JudgeMental

driving will not be that pleasant. Camping OK as long as you find shade and bring a table top fan. the fan can double up by placing outside during the day blowing air into fridge vent. this considerably improves fridge efficiency which suffers when v hot.

Most acclimatise to increased temps in a few days......We had temps of 42 deg C in Tuscany last year and managed and I am a redhead. get out and do your sightseeing early, rest in shade by pool in hottest part of day and venture out again in evening when it cools down...

we had roof a/c in last coachbuilt and don't miss it... cab air essential though!

We had 37 degrees in France in June! As Judgy says, though, you do acclimatise quite quickly to the heat so having habitation air con, whilst great if you're all shut up in your van, isn't really ideal as you surely would want to sit outside and enjoy relaxing ... being shut up in a van just because it's cooler isn't my idea of fun! Cab air con, though, is essential IMV. B-)

One thing that did 'suffer' though was the fridge - at 37 degrees it wasn't overly happy and the ice-cream was a bit soft - still yummy though! :D

Yesterday I got 9 bags of mulch to put on the garden to save me having to do days and days of weeding when we get back off holiday again at the beginning of September (1 month trip to Ireland coming up!) - I still have about 1/3 of the garden to weed but will get it done this week. It was blooming hot so I didn't do any yesterday but it has cooled off today thankfully so I'll get the mulch on the weeded parts today and then do some more weeding ... then I can start on the front garden! *-)

Another good reason for having an overcab, rather than a low profile or A-class...............the shade over the windscreen really does help a lot to keep the interior cooler.

I don't know why anyone would buy any new MH without cab air-con nowadays. It is just SO brilliant to have it if touring anywhere hot/sunny.

Air-Con in any vehicle is fine as long as it's used regularly. In UK many don't turn it on during winter and come summer, wonder why it's packed up working. And repairs can often be pretty expensive.

If I could get my hands on a used unit from the same model Transit as mine i'd definitely have it fitted but they aren't so easy to come by.

Bulletguy - 2013-07-10 3:08 PM

Air-Con in any vehicle is fine as long as it's used regularly. In UK many don't turn it on during winter and come summer, wonder why it's packed up working. And repairs can often be pretty expensive.

Too true, if you don't use it the oil doesn't circulate and the seals dry out. Always leave mine permanently on in the van & car.

Guest JudgeMental
Iain Strachan - 2013-07-11 11:20 PM

Lets stop moaning about the heat, aint that why lots of us go to Spain in January. Its great to have it for a wee while, and on pensioner Wednesday at B&Q I got a bargin chimnea for the winter!

Your right there Iain! What a bunch of lightweights! :-D

Archived