Spot lights: How do you get into 'em?

pepe63xnotuse

Oh!?..Blutack you say? ...so I probably shouldn't have opted for the Stilsons and hammer 'n' cold chisel approach just yet then..? (lol)

Joking aside,those outer collars just turn freely..and I've tried gently prising whilst turning 'em but that doesn't work either... :-S

That little black trim comes out easy enough...but I didn't want to start prising at the actual "orbit" until I knew exactly what's supposed to come away from what......

Edit: ..I see how it's done now!(..once that black trim's removed, the "glass" can be just popped off).

I thought it was going to be more involved than that... (lol)

Perhaps the designer actually appreciated they might have to come apart.

Many particularly plastic articles nowadays are assembled by pressing home concealed spring loaded catches that become completely inaccessible making examination let alone repair impossible.

Mutter mutter , rant rant.

I haven't delved any deeper than just getting to the bulb at the moment...but when/if I do get around to fitting some LEDs,with talk of them being polarity specific,if I do need to swap some wire around, that may be when the mutterin'(..and rantin'!) begins in earnest! (lol)

There will be certain types of LED replacement bulbs where, if the bulb is polarity sensitive, it will be a simple matter to obtain the correct polarity by removing the bulb, turning its base through 180 degrees and refitting it. On others, particularly those replacing 'horizontal' G4 halogen capsule bulbs, this ploy won't be practicable.

I don't know if Hobby paid any attention to polarity when installing the original halogen-bulb lights in my motorhome, but none of the LED replacement bulbs I've fitted showed any evidence of polarity sensitivity.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-07-12 9:26 AM

...On others, particularly those replacing 'horizontal' G4 halogen capsule bulbs, this ploy won't be practicable.

Yes, Derek,that's how the bulbs are configured in the spots' I'm looking at swapping.

I may have another "play" with them over the weekend(...depending on what the OH has pencilled in for me to do..)

I'd like to think that I'd be able to access the wires by just drawing the lamp/reflector assemble out through the front...?

I just hope they weren't all assembled in such a way,that means that the whole Heki surround needs dropping, in order to access them..?...we'll see... ;-)

Archived