full timing?

trishandtez

[QUOTE]tricia2753 - 2006-08-07 1:57 PM I would like to ask about full timing, do you need a permanant address to be able to get mail while on your travels? We are interested in full timing and to find out all the pitfalls. we would be grateful for any advice. Thanks [/QUOTE] Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/m7rs9 which is a previous thread on full timing. Don

Thanks Don but if you dont want to or cant keep a house as a base, what then?can you use a PO box for example to get your mail. we dont want the problems of owning a house here, we want to travel the globe.and where do you keep you money that you plan to use for everyday living, can you get a bank or savings account without a home address?

[QUOTE]tricia2753 - 2006-08-07 2:28 PM Thanks Don but if you dont want to or cant keep a house as a base, what then?can you use a PO box for example to get your mail. we dont want the problems of owning a house here, we want to travel the globe.and where do you keep you money that you plan to use for everyday living, can you get a bank or savings account without a home address?[/QUOTE] Tricia, I'm afraid I can't help you on those subjects but sombody else will. Don

[QUOTE]tricia2753 - 2006-08-07 2:28 PM Thanks Don but if you dont want to or cant keep a house as a base, what then?can you use a PO box for example to get your mail. we dont want the problems of owning a house here, we want to travel the globe.and where do you keep you money that you plan to use for everyday living, can you get a bank or savings account without a home address?[/QUOTE]

I suggets you do a search in "motorhome matters" using "full timing" as the key words and setting the timescale to all posts.  You'll have quite a lot of reading to do, but many of your questions will be answered, leaving only a few unresolved.

We have done quite a bit of research on this subject. I think the consensus of opinion is that you need some kind of base. Some people use a relative's address. We are going to convert my mum's house into two flats. Until we do we are just using her number (15) and adding an "a" so the flat will eventually be 15a. All our mail is being delivered there. The only problem we can forsee is that you are sometimes asked for utility bills with your name and address on them. We will cross that bridge if and when it occurs. It is very hard to get vehicle insurance without a permanent address. Also bank account. We are renting out our main house and still have the water rates in our name (to prevent them putting in a water meter) and, of course, the dreaded mortgage! Hope this helps. Pat

Archived