Motorised Sat TV

Pang yue nam

The biggest problem with what you propose is that the relative positions of all the satellites changes according to your location. In other words if you set it up at home and then drive down to Spain, for example, you will need to go through the whole setup procedure all over again. I presume that your receiver has Disecq motor control built in? D.

What are you trying to achieve? If it is to use a maplins pole mount motor for locating satilites in place of self seeking dish set up, then IMHO you will find it very difficult to set up. If it is to set up a multisatillite reciever then if you want to fit it to motor home you will need some way of accuratly getting pole verticle

Thanks. I'm getting frustrated trying to do it manually. I agree that the sat's location changes but I'm trying to simplify matters for myself. At £1250 + a go I'm not prepared (yet) to spend that amount of money. Going to Spain is unlikely but France might figure next year>

:-D Hi Pang yue nam. As my signature usually says. Been there and done that. As the other's have mentioned it can be rather frustrating when moving from one place to another. But it CAN be done. ;-) The only advice I can give? Persevere. If your desire to make it work is strong enough? Then it will work. ;-)

Hi, you wil not simplify matters by using a Disecq motorised system as this doesn't "search" for the satellites. you have to find them then store the location in the receiver/positioner's memory. when you break it down to move you need to "park" the motor system and I would suggest due South is a good position to park it in. The problem comes when you next set it up in a different location. If you are on exactly the same line of longitude in theory you should only need to alter the elevation of the dish and set it up initially facing due South, then the satellites should be pretty much where they were before (a bit fo fine tuning may be needed) but if you move latitude and longitude then the memorised positions ain't worth squat as the satellites won't be there. D.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived