Late eurotunnel booking re ferry from Portsmouth

Knaus

Hi

Have just got the chance to borrow my father's motorhome and want to travel to France around 16 - 18 August returning Monday Bank Holiday.

Anyone know of a deal going or am I too late.

I am going down to Ile de Noirmoutier

Being August, I would think you are unlikely to get a deal. Best to look on the internet. I don't know where you live, but if Portsmouth / Poole is a good place then the Fast cat to Cherburg is quick (3 Hours) The tunnel is cheap if you have Tesco Vouchers to use, and much quicker, but further to drive down to Ile de MontXXX. Coming back on Bank holiday, probably not a good day, as the raods are bound to be busy in the south.

PJay

Found out a few times booking at the last minute a day or two before going often gives a good if not better price than booking early, if they have space left they want to fill it.

With the current good weather forecast well into next month (if you believe it) bookings may be a bit light so could get a good deal could, a crossing for around £70 (Dover-Calais) if lucky.

I think you may well get deals from Dover to Calais or Dunkirk, poss on Eurotunnel, but unlikely on any Brittany Ferry route. having done a trip with them over in Mid May and and returned yesterday, I booked in January, and when I checked a couple of weeks before the outward date, the cost would have gone up by £70 on the overall fare, and that's after allowing our 'Members' discount of 30%!!

Archived