T'internet. It's wicked

Pampam

Am not techno wise at all ,but yesterday morning whilst laid in bed I actually booked a night on a caravan club site .... Amazing : at 6am No phoning and nobody answering or it being engaged or sneaking off work to use mobile or better still using works phone. Anyhow it was simples and I felt like the kid who'd just learnt to tie his own shoelaces see you can teach an old dog new tricks: pp today the cc tomorrow the world!!

Hi Pam,

Yes I agree. To perhaps state the obvious the Internet really is revolutionary. A few years ago, my reference books were my first port of call for factual information – now it’s Google. Booking a holiday, making a purchase etc. usually meant a trip into the city or long telephone calls now it’s so simple over the web – provided one is cautious. Plus of course e-mails, forums such as this one and so much more.

Great to think that the internet is a British invention.

Cattwg :-D

Great to think that the internet is a British invention. Cattwg :-D

And great to see Tim Berners-Lee celebrated at the Olympics opening ceremony! I reckon t'internet and the www have had probably the same impact on society as the printing press did.

Steve 

Guest 1footinthegrave
And lets not forget, you meet so many warm and friendly people in cyberspace 8-) always with a kind word. :D

Yes you do have learnt a lot on this forum and it amazes me that others go to so much trouble to give their advice it's really helped me these past few months I do wish I'd discovered the Internet earlier then I could have avoided the motorhome dealer that I bought my van off ( hindsight is a wonderfull thing haha)

Guest 1footinthegrave
You missed the irony in my post, but yes it can be a mine of useful info, even given willingly by some of my cyber pals who think I'm a pillock. :D or a racist bigot. ;-)

Am sure you not a racist bigot or pillock I think you just try to get a rise out of forum members for the fun of it I've got three grown up sons who try to wind me up all the time and have learnt the best thing to do is ignore it so as you see the sarcasm was lost on me .so getting back to it I wish I'd tried the Internet before cos I'd be pretty good at it now .....baby steps! Pp

Guest 1footinthegrave
Get a Facebook page, I've got 362 friends on it, odd though because I've only known about 50 folk my whole life. :D and I have the most depressing 1571, it usually says " you have no messages"

1footinthegrave - 2013-07-17 8:50 AM

You missed the irony in my post, but yes it can be a mine of useful info, even given willingly by some of my cyber pals who think I'm a pillock. :D or a racist bigot. ;-)

I don't think that - and does it really matter if you are in the grand scheme of things?

Are we as individuals all no longer allowed to have our own opinions - or must one size fit all - as long as nobody disagrees?

Others may not agree with your views but that does not give them the right to be offensive to you as you have as much right to your views as do they to theirs.

However, as with all forms of non face to face contact everything you write will be analysed and turned against you by somebody at every opportunity and those who delight in being 'offended' will always find new ways to show their shock and horror at being so deeply 'offended'!

Pampam - 2013-07-17 6:15 AM

Am not techno wise at all ,but yesterday morning whilst laid in bed I actually booked a night on a caravan club site .... Amazing :

Next step Pam.......Online Banking. (lol)

Believe me, once you've done that you will wonder how you managed without it!

You can't be that bad one foot cos you like the sopranos (at least I think that was you) and no bullet guy I can't see me Internet banking I once tried to sell things on eBay that I didn't want anymore two outfits and two DVDs and got barred within an hour a so called security risk but they wouldn't tell me what I'd done wrong to rectify it I was gutted I thought I was going to be an ENTREPRENEUR sadly not to be : got to keep on with the daily grind Pp

Guest 1footinthegrave
Ah the Sopranos, the very best drama series to be made, funnily enough we have just started watching the whole series all over again, Bada Bing. then another bash at the Wire later in the year, which we also loved. ;-)

You need subtitles for the wire watched deadwood but found it petered out and the tedious ramblings of one or two characters got on my nerves eg calamity Jane for one looking for something else now at moment watching curb your enthusiasm for second time I like larry David he's so cringeworthy .pp

Guest 1footinthegrave

I'm told I am a cross of Larry, and Victor Meldrew ( hence my choice of handle ), so what, love both the characters. Deadwood I think was aptly named, as for the Wire, yes subtitles until you get into the street speak, but well worth the effort, compared to the dross that passes for TV entertainment these days ( unless you're into cooking ) . :D

I don't know how long you have been using the internet, or if you're familiar with Google Earth street view, but for me this is one of the most revolutionary things on the internet, to be able to go "virtually" to places such as Aires and sites to check out their location I find invaluable, download it and give it a go if you haven't already. ;-)

Archived