Age......and its a small world

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Our friends who we have just spent the hottest 2 weeks in the UK for years had to go home today..........and on to their pitch arrived 3 old codgers ;-)................

Got talking to them tonight and they're 69 and 70...............our friend is 76 :D............funny thing perception :-S...............it turns out they're all ex school buddies who all worked at Marconi's in Chelmsford.........just along the road from where we lived above my old mans shop :D.....

Reminded me a bit of the time we were walking along a clifftop walk in Brittany................and met our plumber coming the other way 8-)

Nearly 9 pm and its finally going cool here in Cornwall B-)

Guest pelmetman
Its cloudy 8-)...............and its rained a little 8-)................I guess the schools have broke up, looking at the weather forecast :D

Guest pelmetman
Now at sunny Weymouth B-)..................weather for next week looks dodgy.........risk of flash floods 8-)..............if there is a god? I wonder if its the kids he hates or the teachers :D....................coz he's been shining on Ol' Pelmetman for the whole 2 weeks.......... B-)

Guest pelmetman
Cor 8-) ........................Its all kicking of now the devil has returned >:-)...........glad I ain't intelligent like :-S.......

Touring the far west of the USA I met a former workmate while walking in Zion Canyon.

Have met a couple of people on French campsites from the village I live in and on a site in Derbyshire another who lived barely out of sight.

Whilst working in Malaysia almost 50 years ago met S** our milkmans daughter. It turned out our fathers had fought in Burma in WW2, Hers in the Chindits.

My father helped set up a reception camp for Chindits coming back from an expedition and met but initialy failed to recognise his best friend from chilhood due to his emaciated state. My father and the milkman had never met but someone who knew about my meeting his daughter introduced the two veterans and found Dads best mate and the milkman were both present in that jungle clearing.

Twenty years later I found myself working in the same radio control room as S**.

Archived