People who wear dark glasses

Mrs T

The dangers of NOT wearing socks when it is very sunny ... especially if your legs are not used to being exposed to the sun!

These are the photos I have of hubby's legs, the first one was taken about 10 days before the other, in between taking these his legs, ankles and feet had swollen up massively and had great big horrible blisters all over them ... the doctor we saw in France thought he'd actually been in a fire as he had second degree burns! 8-)

22788892_Chrissunburn1.jpg.6eb8cf6efa0934ed8311c4097e1be5fc.jpg

770220764_Chrissunburn2.jpg.06283fc6230dd8da851cdb5993fe2d50.jpg

Guest peter
1footinthegrave - 2013-07-25 8:18 AM

Mrs T - 2013-07-24 11:51 PM

Look pretty stupid when its not sunny, especially when they do not remove them when in conversation. If its too bright outside then stay indoors, please.

With respect perhaps instead of airing your personal distaste of wearers of dark glasses ( like my next door neighbour has to) you may want to look up Photophobia.

Patients may develop photophobia as a result of several different medical conditions, related to the eye or the nervous system. In some cases those who are born with it see the full spectrum of light. While in the direct sun light it causes red glare around the visual field which causes pounding headaches. Photophobia can be caused by an increased response to light starting at any step in the visual system, such as:

Too much light entering the eye. Too much light can enter the eye if it is damaged, such as with corneal abrasion and retinal damage, or if its pupil(s) is unable to normally constrict (seen with damage to the oculomotor nerve).

Overstimulation of the photoreceptors in the retina

Excessive electric impulses to the optic nerve

Excessive response in the central nervous system

Common causes of photophobia include migraine headaches, cataracts, Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI), or severe ophthalmologic diseases such as uveitis or corneal abrasion. (!)

By the way, you might want to change your avatar, that looks pretty stupid. ;-)

Says the bloke with albert Steptoe as his avatar. :D

peter - 2013-07-25 10:12 PM

Says the bloke with Albert Steptoe as his avatar. :D

Oi - kindly leave HE's Dad out of it - Hercules has never been the same since the old codger retired!

Talking of fitting avatars - yours is superb!!

Wow I hope he's better obviously he'd forgot his sun spray or was it like my beloved " oh ill be okay ill put it on in a minute!" Then wallop a severe case of sunstroke (usually on his bald pate) anyhow hope he's recovered . Pp

Guest peter
Had Enough - 2013-07-25 10:41 AM

Tracker - 2013-07-25 10:40 AM

Fashion is a false god promoted by self interested business and worshiped by fools.

Wear what is comfortable and who cares what the world thinks.

Ah? I think we've found a man who wears socks with his sandals! (lol) ;-)

Not only that, but they've got bob the builder logos on them. :D

Guest peter
Mrs T - 2013-07-25 10:48 AM

Great, that's livened up a dull Thursday morning. People are like sheep, nay worse than sheep cos sheep don't wear glasses. A pet comment of mine always was that 'People would buy dogs Sh** if it were presented in a pretty wrapper'

They do indeed, it's called a donner kebab. :D

Guest peter
Mel B - 2013-07-25 7:35 PM

The dangers of NOT wearing socks when it is very sunny ... especially if your legs are not used to being exposed to the sun!

These are the photos I have of hubby's legs, the first one was taken about 10 days before the other, in between taking these his legs, ankles and feet had swollen up massively and had great big horrible blisters all over them ... the doctor we saw in France thought he'd actually been in a fire as he had second degree burns! 8-)

That looks gruesome Mel, are you sure you didn't throw a pot of hot stew on him for being late back from golf. (lol)

Pampam - 2013-07-25 10:19 PM

Wow I hope he's better obviously he'd forgot his sun spray or was it like my beloved " oh ill be okay ill put it on in a minute!" Then wallop a severe case of sunstroke (usually on his bald pate) anyhow hope he's recovered . Pp

He's fine thanks (well his legs recovered! :D ) as this happened in 2007! We both got severe sunburn on a canoeing trip down the Ardeche - 8 and a half hours and about 27 kms, we had sun cream on but didn't realise the effect of the water which increased the sun's strength/brightness. *-) Fortunately mine weren't quite as bad as his but still very painful!!! My knees swelled up and filled with fluid, as did my ankles and feet, and my thighs also so much so that I couldn't even get my very loose fitting trousers on!!! The below were taken a day or so after the sunburn ... my legs don't look too bad in these ... but a few days later .... aaaarghhhhhhh!!!

1060284637_melfeet.jpg.94dc980645fa41748b39f56bc0c7f141.jpg

1417164150_mellegs.jpg.573a52de036b576568df3e6993f40531.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Dunno how to say this Mel :-S....................but your holiday pictures are getting a bit repetitive :D

Tracker - 2013-07-26 9:40 AM

peter - 2013-07-25 10:32 PM

Not only that, but they've got bob the builder logos on them.

I do wish you would stop telling porkies about me.

They're Thomas the Tank engine anyway!

Janine told me they had a picture of Dumbo on! ;-) (lol)

Mel B - 2013-07-26 10:00 PM

Don't be silly Mel - why would I want Peter's picture on my socks!

Guest peter
Tracker - 2013-07-26 10:04 PM

Mel B - 2013-07-26 10:00 PM

Don't be silly Mel - why would I want my own picture on my socks!

Archived