ANYONE ON HERE OWN A BREVIO T600

rudders

Yes it (and the Hymer Compact equivalent) look nice but they are still very small inside. You have a large lounge in your 585 and you will find the one on the T600 tidly.

The main issue i have with this type of van is that all the storage drawers are in the rear under the bed and cannot be accessed if a) there are large objects stored in the centre of the 'boot' area or b) the bed is in place.

What's the point of a fixed bed van (nice bed by the way) if it has to be folded up every time you want to get something out of one of the drawers......

Similarly, opening the fridge is not a job to tackle if you're over 5 stone as there isn't room for you to stand properly and you'll bash yourself.

I love the idea of a van sized coachbuilt but I've been in quite a few and can't seem to make it work.

How on Earth do huge German adults manage to survive, I'm not a large person and I found it awkward trying to squeeze into the dinette without kicking the table leg away.

A triumph of smart design over practicality, I feel.

We actually saw them at the Peterborough show earlier this year and quite liked them, however, as has already been said accessing the stuff under the bed would be 'fun'. Our PVC is virtually the same layout albeit in mirror image form being British built, and one thing that we have realised that we really like with the PVC is the light and airy feeling of the front dinette area as it has a large windows on either side, one immediately above the dinette table and the other directly opposite in the sliding door. With coachbuilts of this layout, normally they only have a large window on one side over the table, with the one for the kitchen being much further back (although I appreciate that odd MHs have a narrow one in the habitation door) so you can feel a bit 'closed in', this was pretty much the only thing we didn't like about our previous van, a Chausson Flash 04, which was very, very similar but just didn't have the narrower body and lift up rear door - have a look at the video and you'll see what I mean about the habitation door side:

http://www.buerstner.com/uk/motorhomes/compact/brevio/360_views.html

We also love being able to have the rear doors open and slobbing around on the bed, you could do this with the Brevio if you really wanted but it just wouldn't feel 'right' having that big door stuck up in the air all the time!

Also, once you add on the cost of the extras, such as air con, passenger air bag, cruise control and electric mirrors plus the bits for the habitation side such as the rear window etc, it hikes the price up quite a lot.

Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely compromise if you want the size of a PVC but in coachbuilt form, but make sure you really DO want it and will keep it for a while as I think it will be quite a 'niche' van so future PX/sale value could be affected.

Some earlier forum comments on the Brevio are here

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/congrats-again-to-burstner/30078/

I tend to agree with Brian about the design being "a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist". Having said that, when I visited a Burstner dealership last week there was a new Brevio being prepared for a customer and I was told they'd sold two more.

I said I'd be interested in the longevity of the roof/rear-body joint, as the huge lift-up 'tailgate' must surely place a lot of stress on it. Similarly for Chausson's "Panoramic System"

Here's an interesting comparison...............

This is a lovely example of a Brevio T600 with 2400 miles with the Silver Pack etc...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Burstner-Brevio-T600-silver-2-berth-tailgate-Fiat-2-3JTD-2400miles-1owner-/231021038836?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item35c9ed4cf4

This is a lovely example of a brand new AutoTrail Tracker RS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autotrail-Tracker-RS-motorhome-with-Lifestyle-pack-/261242630596?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3cd34631c4

Both 6m long, one slimmer but no room to move around in but has lovely comfy fixed bed and underbed storage.

One full width, lovely lounge, bathroom and kitchen in a different league, but no decent outside or under sofa storage....................

Although these 2 examples are not from Chelston (one is), we saw both these models there and my wife was bowled over by the.....................................AutoTrail and so was I, if...............we could have got our stuff in it, and the bed was a drop down meaning no messing about with sofas, sleeping bags (Yuk) etc.

The Brevio, no oven, cramped lounge, hopeless kitchen and bathroom, but great storage and a bit easier to park.

Take your choice OR...........................

Get a hybrid of these (Burstner Ixeo 590 perhaps) and a really great little van is out there.

Archived