Swift furniture.

Pete-B

Hi, We've got a Bessie E460 with a rear lounge, this comes with a fold up stow away large table which we find a bit of a pain. We seem to be forever sliding it side to side or back to front for one of us to gain access to the overhead cupboards or to get to something further back. So we're thinking of fitting the unit which has drawers and pull out/fold out table in place of the mid rear cushions which we hardly use anyhow.

I gather that Swift may sell this unit as an after fit but are usually slow to respond and possibly a bit expensive. So my question is, has anyone else done this perhaps using another method or could recommend someone to carry out the job?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I removed the "slide out" arrangement and stored it (along with the table) in my garage at home when I had a Sundance 580PR. In its place I used a smaller fold up table which was large enough for 2 to dine and we found it far more suitable. It measures 24" x 17" and 28" high. I also used this table in the Kontiki 655 which I owned previous to that.

The tables which come with Swift motorhomes are far too big in my view unless used for dining four people. Colin

I travel alone and found the table supplied by Swift far to inconvenient to use.

I purchased a table swivel bracket from O'Leary's and managed to find a suitable top from Cancer Research (an old bed table)

Whilst the layout of my van is different to yours with a bit of forethought and planning you may be able to use this idea.

The table stays in position whilst travelling (over the side seat)

When swung out I can use the table from either side seat or passenger/drivers seat.

Table1B.jpg.f9c208b9dbaa0c2fd712b915032b560d.jpg

Table1A.JPG.dd1f81c44990130fc8845b27e7f2dd69.JPG

Archived