Anybody 'seen' Clive??

Mel B

I'm getting worried, I don't appear to have seen a posting from Clive since his daughter produced a lovely grand-daughter. Do you think he's gone all soppy in his old age and has abandoned us all for dirty nappies and sleeping with Granny???

[QUOTE]david lloyd - 2006-08-09 8:59 AM [QUOTE]Mel B - 2006-08-08 9:51 PM Do you think he's gone all soppy in his old age and has abandoned us all for dirty nappies and sleeping with Granny???[/QUOTE] I don't think clive is into wearing dirty nappies!! david[/QUOTE]

So what, precisely, are you implying about his sleeping habits!!?

[QUOTE]Mel B - 2006-08-09 9:33 PM Just remembered, isn't he supposed to be going to the Western Motorhome show, of so that's where he'll be by now I guess. If anyone sees him tell him we're missing him![/QUOTE] Mel, Clive will be at the show tomorrow, I'll pass on your message. If we have a Wifi hotspot we will post a message from the show. Don :-D

Dick Turpin is the name of the bloke who ran (or not ran) the Newsagents/Shop at the Malvern show that ran out of daily papers around 9.15 am most days and milk quite soon afterwards. It was good to put faces to a few names including Ranger & Carol and Brian Kirby. Before Malvern we spent the best part of a week up a hill in a farmers field overlooking Cardigan bay. Tranquil & Perfic! We shall be at York if anybody wants to say hello. P.S. I went soppy years ago! P.P.S. Don Madge had one of these WiFi hot spot finders and there were none to be found where we were. Perhaps one has to join a pay forum to get WiFi access at shows?

L.O. Mel anco, Janet got an almost direct replacement rather special M50 monkey bike, new top box and crash helmet and longer rear swinging arm with uprated springs. I got a Honda APE with a Takegawa 115cc racing piston, barrell, cylinder head, camshaft and rear suspension. It goes like the proverbial off a shovel, nearly as fast as Janet on hers! Plus a new 3/8 drive socket set, pump, puncture outfit etc. etc. to replace those in my carrier. If you had found us at Malvern you could have had a look. Our first outing was a week earlier in Wales up a hill in a farmers field overlooking Cardigan Bay York? XX C. P.S. Clive has NOT got a hymie having had a very bad experience with Madisons 9 years back. Clive has a nice bespoke Autotrail Scout on a Merc purchased from those nice people at Brownhills some 9 years back. Having looked at the latest Hymies on the Brownhills stand at Malvern we still would not be tempted towards one. Inadequate kitchens and fashion goes before function. Currently under consideration are the Concorde and something else with a name that escapes me (starts with a C) on a 2007 3 litre 6 tonne Iveco chassis. But as we plan to attend the big German thingey in 2007 its not planned to change motorhomes in a hurry. Did that answer the question?

Mick H. The 'venerable' Clive is one of the site's extremely helpful and experienced contributors amongst other things, if he ain't done it with a motorhome or bike then no one probably has!!! He's been AWOL since his lovely daughter gave birth to his grand-daughter and we thought he'd gone all ga-ga and deserted us but instead he was contemplating his navel (or someother part of his anatomy) in the countryside around Wales with the sheep, no doubt re-energising his batteries after all the exictement, not sure what was the most exciting though, being a Grandad again or getting new bikes ... Clive, DO NOT attempt to answer that!!! Oh, nearly forgot, yes Clive we're going to York show, we're planning on staying on the CC campsite at Rowntree Park and coming to the show for the Sunday all being well (going to the massive car boot sale and York on the Saturday) - we decided to give the show-ground a miss for staying over after last year's quagmire! Is there going to be a 'meet the team' thingy on the Sunday??? Oh, Clive, don't suppose you've put any piccies of your new (2 wheeled) additions on your website have you? XX Mel B

Hey Mel B you do like beautiful things even if it isn't the Loire valley.Twinwood is the bank holiday festival of Glen Miller music.Try a search with twinwoodevents and then THE GLEN MILLER FESTIVAL should get you in.let me know if you have any trouble finding it.We are going there in our newly acquired 98 Hymer 694, complete with 40's uniforms.Should be a cracking weekend.

Archived