Satellite Radio Signal

Hilux

We have Alden self seeking sat dish which can pick up signals from UK stations well into France. One of our main uses of this equipment is to listen to radio programmes. However, this year I have not been able to receive the radio programmes, even in the UK, despite tuning into the correct channels. The TV is OK with all stations working.

I have tried to update the software in the set top box but I can only do this on Astra 1, but I will try and get this right when I have a broader horizon from my present location.

Are there any other things I should be looking at? The set top box dates from 2007, if that helps.

H

On the remote for my satellite tv box, I have buttons that say 'radio' & 'TV' to toggle between the two services.   It's not the same as using freeview at home, where the radio stations appear at the end of the telly ones.

Hope this helps

Sparky

Thank you for your reply and this is what I normally do and then see the full list of radio stations. However. if I select a station, Radio 4 for example, it does not appear on the screen. TV stations are OK . That's why I thought it might need a software update.

Still mystified.

H

Hi

There have been a range of changes on the Astra 2 set of satellites with more to come.

I 'lost' Channel 5 (for watching the Ashes summaries) but on the advice of another Forum member I added a new transponder address to the list for Astra 2 via my TV satellite receiver and hey presto Channel 5 is back.

I suggest that you have a look at the channels list on this wikipedia site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E#Entertainment

Down at the bottom of the lsit are the Free to Air radio channels including BBC radio channels.

The list gives the frequency of the Astra 2 transponder now broadcasting this programme.

Have a look on your TV and/or satellite controller to check if that transponder is listed fro Astra 2.

If it isn't then you will need to add it manually and rescan to get the programme onto your TV.

If you are not sure how to do this then hava look at this You Tube video which shows how to add a new transponder to your list (Channel 5 in this case)

My thanks to Bolaro Boy for this information last week which sorted out my Channel 5 reception ready for the third Ashes Test next week.

One other possibility is that you need to recan the satellite making sure you select TV and Radio channels in the scan details.

Technology - don't you love it

Hope this helps.

Archived