help with toilet

clay

hi. i am desperatly in need of being pointed in the right direction on how to remove my thetfordc 200 cwe cassette toilet.. i have a bessie e765 with the cassette plonked on top of the shower tray.. the tray itself is really flimsy and now has cracked i need to replace it but out must come the toilet first i have had a good look at it and cannot see how it comes apart, i have been in touch with thetford but have got the tumbleweed treatment.. maybe if i wanted to spend £600m on a new one i would get a reaction.. so if anyone can give me a pointer i would be grateful .. cheers :-( :-(

I thought this had been dealt with here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/shower-tray/31781/#M375351

I note too that, if you GOOGLE-search on "Thetford C200 removal", there are quite a few entries. For example:

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/55844-how-to-remove-a-thetford-toilet-c200-from-a-odessey-534/

There's a piece in John Wickersham's book "Build Your Own Motorcaravan" that describes installing a C-200CWE. As far as I can make out from JW's article, to remove one you'd need to hinge down the external water-filler flap, undo the screws that hold the external filler assembly to the interior structure of the toilet and then remove the complete external filler assembly that 'plugs' into the toilet's water reservoir. Then you'd need to remove the screws that hold down the base of the toilet. The screws wiill be accessible from inside the cassette locker. (Basically, follow the advice in the 15 October 2011 posting by Paul11 in the caravantalk link I gave above. As the person asking the question there managed to remove her Thetford toilet by following Paul11's advice, it's reasonable to assume the advice was correct.)

thanks all, derek went with your advice and had it out in 10mins.. now not being that clued in with this item i have always had it in my head that the toilet and flush that sits on top of the tray was a seperate item to the cassette unit this is wher i was overcomplicating matters and when i realised it was a single unit above and below decks it all became clear and with 4 screws it was out be careful you cannot see the rear screws by looking thro the cassette door if you look down the toilet hole :$ you will see them .. i love this game bin caravanning since the 70s and we learn something new every day..

have not seen the nurse yet but waiting patiantly.

maggyd thought your link was taking me to a plastic bucket

*-) *-) *-)

clay - 2013-07-29 12:39 PM

thanks all, derek went with your advice and had it out in 10mins.. now not being that clued in with this item i have always had it in my head that the toilet and flush that sits on top of the tray was a seperate item to the cassette unit this is wher i was overcomplicating matters and when i realised it was a single unit above and below decks it all became clear and with 4 screws it was out be careful you cannot see the rear screws by looking thro the cassette door if you look down the toilet hole :$ you will see them .. i love this game bin caravanning since the 70s and we learn something new every day..

have not seen the nurse yet but waiting patiantly.

maggyd thought your link was taking me to a plastic bucket

*-) *-) *-)

(lol) Err not sure why you would think that !! never mind you seem to have it sorted. But that Milliput stuff is very handy.

Archived