Cheap Bikes

Geoff Bell

Guest starspirit
Gee whiz Geoff - that must be a good deal. One old bike AND your wife in exchange for a new bike. I wish I'de known that before I met my partner as it might have been worth a go as I'm such a nice guy, even tempered, considerate, tolerant etc etc!

Walter never had the Goat you Jack you alone owned it, Walter was the dog's gonad's but since my teeth are in a jar he's due a chomping...... Yes have to defend your good lady wife. Whom is probably sitting minding her own business whilst you discuss her finer point's....£99.is that all ooh it get's worse £49 I gonna tell her. PutZ hope that's not swearing in another language ? (lol) GET EM MEL ANYWAY IT's FUN JUST FUN to be not serious all the time....... Which in my case is never

Guest starspirit
Ok then I'll do the deal you offer and take a chance. Your wife and an old bike in exchange for my £99.99 new bike. You drive a hard deal Geoff - are you any relation to Arfur Daly?

• 2 months later...
I just bought one for a fiver. There is a grand selection at our local recycling centre. All at £5.00 each. I was given another. The pair will be attacked with a gas axe and turned into a tricycle for my 13 year old grandson who is autistic and cannot balance a bike. Trikes of a decent size cost circa £400 each!!!! What lurks in your dump?

Well done Clive! That's the kind of thing my old dad would have done, nothing was wasted, everything kept 'just in case' it came in handy: as we are finding now we have started to tidy out the garage :-D I have a ladies 5 speed bike which I might be selling in the Spring time. Bought in 1979 I've not used it since we moved here from Wales - too many heavy lorries causing draughts and being only 5 foot nothing and weighing nothing at all ......... ;-) Hubby was looking in halfords on Sat at bikes with sprung seats and wheels, to go round Pitsford and other bumpy places though not 'off road'. We looked at folding bikes at the Bath and West Show but the seats look soooo not comfy especially for blokes ;-) And he's recently read about the effects that bad seating can have around the 'personal places' ...... :$ that's blokes' personal places .......... :'( FREECYCLE is the other place to start - join your local and OFFER or REQUEST ......

Archived