Stand Alone Tents

Guest 713price

Yup, Khyam, they do a small one, I had one with my T4 VW, easy frame to erect and the tunnel was fixed by long bungees over the van roof cos I didn't have an awning rail. it was 'drive away' which is good. Shop about for prices though, they can be a bit pricy.

Hi 'price' and welcome to the mad house! :-D

If you want the type that you can attach to your van, you are looking for a drive-away awning, if not then you just need something like a 'utility' tent etc.

I can highly recommend those done by Outdoor Revolution:

These are drive-away free-standing type that you can attach to your van too:

Outhouse Handi XL

Movelite Square

Movelite Midi

A purely free-standing type of awning would be:

Outhouse Double

Outhouse XL

They also used to do other models too and you can easily find loads on Ebay.

Obviously there are other makes too but you do need to ensure that if you go for one to attach to your van you get one that will allow the sliding door to be opened.

Hi 'price...

If you haven't already tried, you'd get first-hand "Bongo feedback" from here:

http://www.bongofury.co.uk/

We use a Quechua Base tent against our Toyota Hiace..

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/base-seconds-pop-up-shelter-living-area-green-id_8208602.html

..a really handy piece of kit, which goes up in seconds(..I just bridge what little gap there is with a strip of an old tarp, just tied off to the roof-rack fixings)and we've seen umpteen Bongos using them on 'sites..

However!...it's not something you're going to just pack away in a locker and carry around with you "just in case" because when packed down, its still about a 3ft dia disc.(lol)

Ours straps to the back of the passenger seat and is only taken when we know we're going to use it...

But as Mel says, there are loads of conventional "utility tent/Day room" type tents about that'd do the job though...

Some images to follow....(I hope?)

Edit: Oh well, that didn't work(I was trying to put a photo of our set up on..but when resizing them really small, they were still too "big" to load?! *-) )

pepe63 - 2013-07-29 8:55 AM

Some images to follow....(I hope?)

Edit: Oh well, that didn't work(I was trying to put a photo of our set up on..but when resizing them really small, they were still too "big" to load?! *-) )

Pics have to less than 100 kbs.

:-|

Yeah,I know Malc ..

I have posted photos in the past...but for some reason, this time my "resizing procedure" doesn't seem to be having the desired effect... :-S

Never mind.. I'm sure the OP can google images of Mazda Bongos with Quechua Base tents next to 'em.. :-D

Morning folks,

We have a easi annexe utility tent which we use to put chairs tables in at night . It replaced asimilar one which we had for about ten years, it cost about hundred quid. I reckon the brunner is likely to be the best but cost abit more.

norm

Archived