Canterbury parking

gwyn

Yes, Rich - often easier to ask the question of Google than of a forum, one step not two!

However, great credit to Canterbury Council (or is it Kent County Council) for firstly having the foresight (or is it hindsight as it's taken so long for this to happen somewhere) to set up a dedicated MH parking facility nr to a major city attraction complete with MH facilities. Secondly, they have added all the relevant info (for all their parking) onto the Google Map page. Click the postcode link to take you to Google Maps.

Here is some of the info you get when clicking on the Google Maps icon for the Park and Ride for MHomes.....

New Dover Road Park & Ride

Last Updated by canterburycc on Apr 15

Type: Pay on Foot

Spaces: 645

Disabled Spaces: 20

Accepted Payments:

Coins, Notes, Cards

Site opens Mon - Sat 06:00

Exit 24/7 with validated ticket

City buses run

Mon-Sat 7:00 - 19:30

Hospital Shuttle

Mon - Fri 7:00 - 19:00

Motorhome area

Closed on Sundays

£3.00 per car and up to 6 passengers

Maximum stay 24 hours

Prices and Information

If only other local authorities would assign a small portion of the already existing P+R system to be MH specific we wouldn't need a separate 'aires' system.

I was genuinely impressed with this link and info.

lennyhb - 2013-07-31 11:25 AM

Am I correct in thinking that as you can exit via the auto barrier 24/7 although it is closed on Sunday you can stay there Sunday providing you enter on Saturday. That's the way I read it on their website.

Yes, that's right.

You can't get into the site after 8.30pm though, we'd planned to stop there on our way down to Dover recently but we would have arrived after it closed, so we just went straight on to Dover & stopped on Marine Parade instead.

Andy

Archived