Boxer running like a pig...

Stargeezer

After a nightmare winter, rounded of nicely with a broken gearbox, recently got the van, on a 1999 Boxer TD, sorted. But it's really slow and smokey compared to how it was. I thought it was because the derv was old (I have since been told that it starts to degrade in a few weeks). So I expected things to improve as the newer diesel worked its way through, but so far (about 200 miles) things haven't improved.

It starts fine, ticks over and runs "OK"... but it's not as perky as before. Doesn't like hills. As usual cash is tight. I have had smokey Mondeo diesel before. The garage man poured in a bottle of something into the tank, a few minutes later it passed the MOT emmissions test.

Gentlemen and of course ladies, I welcome your input.

Sounds like you could have a split in the Turbo hose. We had similar with our old 200Tdi Disco and a friend had exactly the same again on his TD Carlton Estate car. No guarantees but the Disco was used only ever so often and the problem occurred after a lay-up.

You could not see the split in either case when the engine was idling but rev the nuts of it and you could hear the air hiss. WATCH OUT tho - the belts can ruin your day if something gets caught in them.

I would suggest MMM as well tho'

If no luck there - try a motoring forum.

Thank you - this seems to be right area of the forum for me

The views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect my own thoughts or opinions or the views of my family, pets, friends or anyone else I might ever have met, have not yet met or those of people I will never meet if even I live to be really, really old, like one of the really old monsters/people in Lord of the Rings or something. In fact I categorically deny ever typing or sending this email. In fact I don't have a computer, actually I don't know what a computer is and even if I did... Yes, reckon that just about covers it.

Better than being one of "them"

8-)

What does he do with pigs! :-S

and why is a Boxer dog running like one?

All seems a bit fishy to me...................... B-)

No offence ! - just my sad sense of humour.

Guest pelmetman

Talking of dogs and pigs :D ..................just taken Troy for his usual walk........and some litter lout has chucked their SUN newspaper out, and it was strewn all along the verge *-).......

The first headline to catch my eye was................"This man bummed a pig" 8-)...................I didn't investigate further *-).......

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2013-07-31 10:09 AM

Talking of dogs and pigs :D ..................just taken Troy for his usual walk........and some litter lout has chucked their SUN newspaper out, and it was strewn all along the verge *-).......

The first headline to catch my eye was................"This man bummed a pig" 8-)...................I didn't investigate further *-).......

Correction!............................It was the Sunday Sport :D..............found the front page today (lol)

The pipe from the turbo to the intercooler has been known to fall off. They used to do it a lot about 15 years ago . I seemed to remember the fix was just another jubilee clip alongside the original.

My late grandfather had been a bit of a pugulist in his young days and I remember him saying something about the best way out of trouble in the ring was to get on your trotters.

Archived