Christmas and New Year Bookings

Mad Mitch

Good Day All.

I was trying to navigate the Orbitur site yesterday in an attempt to book their Quarteira site over the Christmas and New Year period, but kept having problems when it came to entering a leaving date in 2014. I finally sent an e-mail detailing my requirements, and have now received a reply stating that I cannot book any dates in 2014 but that I should just turn up and there would be plenty of choice.

Should I accept that reply at face value, and should I treat other sites, Orbitur and others, in the same way, by just rolling up without booking. Over December to February we will be in Portugal (Alentejo and Algarve) and southern Spain (Portuguese border up to Alicante / Benidorm)).

Your comments would be appreciated along with any site recommendations.

Could Judge please give his Benidorm recommendations again please.

Regards,

Mad Mitch

Sorry, no first hand experience but what's stopping you from just booking the "Christmas arrival " date?(..which would of cause still be in 2013) or does their system not allow that?...

I would assume(..although I know, it's not always safe to do so ;-) ),that once the past 1st Jan(or maybe some other "cut-off" date their system uses?) you'd be able to "book" 'til your heart's content.... (lol)

Thank you for your replies.

I would admit to not thinking laterally in this case. Once I'm on site they are hardly going to throw me off.

I can also add some comments on the booking form as well.

Presumably pre-booking does not affect ACSI discounts where applicable, or the Orbitur discount I've been reading about on another thread.

The site at Quarteira is large the only problem I can see you having is that part of the site is 6amp and you may end up there but to be honest that part of the site is better. Just remember they take for ever to book you in, so if one of you goes off and looks for a pitch it will save you driving around looking, they also have an area that has no marked pitches at the top of the site this has 12amp but make sure there is a hook up available.

You should enjoy Quarteria as it has a good prom with good restaurants. There is a local supermarket left out of the gates on the opposite side of the road or a Lidl right out of the gates but a bit farther to walk you should pass it on your way into Quarteria.

Good luck

Dave

Archived