Travel and health insurance for over 65s

Suda

Guest 1footinthegrave
Rod - 2013-08-05 1:51 PM

Hi,

Try LV (Liverpool Victoria) the Premium policy covers up to 90 days per trip on the annual policy and up

to 79 years of age. I have recently paid approx. £150 with a minor existing medical condition.

If you find better I would be interested !

Rod.

How very odd, just this morning I was talking to my niece, they have just recently returned home and had a LV policy, her partner had an abscess form while they were away that needed hospital treatment, at a cost of over £1000, plus their additional costs they were involved with, she said it was all handled without fuss, and very efficiently, she did say however they did contact their GP to ensure the conditions listed on their proposal included everything in their medical records.

This is something that I requested from my GP surgery a copy of the conditions that could be a factor should I need to claim, and was told it was not generally available to the patient, I'm getting back to them now in case there is something there that shouldn't be. (!)

Just received pensioners quarterly review from my previous employer.

QUOTE - Travel Insurance for ill & older travellers.

A new website has been launched specifically designed to help travellers who are over 65 or who need travel insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions, but who have difficulty finding it at a reasonable price. people will answer a simple set of questions concerning their health & will then be matched with a list of Insurers, the premiums they will charge & their terms & conditions of cover. For further information visit www.medicaltravelcompared.co.uk (End of QUOTE)

I've not looked at it yet, but may be worth a try.

flicka - 2013-08-05 9:08 PM

Just received pensioners quarterly review from my previous employer.

QUOTE - Travel Insurance for ill & older travellers.

A new website has been launched specifically designed to help travellers who are over 65 or who need travel insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions, but who have difficulty finding it at a reasonable price. people will answer a simple set of questions concerning their health & will then be matched with a list of Insurers, the premiums they will charge & their terms & conditions of cover. For further information visit www.medicaltravelcompared.co.uk (End of QUOTE)

I've not looked at it yet, but may be worth a try.

Tried the link but quotes came up with max of 31 days so unless phone direct not to good. Have a quote from the OkToTravel link which provide 92 day so indebted to 1foot. I just cant get my head round these quotes as they appear all different to different people with similar medical conditions

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-09 12:31 PM

johnnerontheroad - 2013-08-06 10:51 AM

These are the cheapest we could find last year http://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/index.html

Dave

Worth noting they will not cover in excess of 45 days, I've just telephoned them to confirm that.

Covered us for single trip last year for 5 months no problem, also daughter and boyfriend for one year in far east..

Just checked things could of changed would not quote for 90 days.

Dave

8-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
johnnerontheroad - 2013-08-10 5:08 PM

Just found this and it appears it will do single trip for 90days+

http://www.getmy.com/travel/content/_landingpage.php?gclid=COz-rKyc87gCFSTKtAodWysAnQ

http://www.getmy.com/travel/documents/policy%20wording.pdf

It was on Daily Mail site no I don't read the paper.

Dave

Why not, it's hardly a hanging offence ;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-10 5:27 PM

johnnerontheroad - 2013-08-10 5:08 PM

Just found this and it appears it will do single trip for 90days+

http://www.getmy.com/travel/content/_landingpage.php?gclid=COz-rKyc87gCFSTKtAodWysAnQ

http://www.getmy.com/travel/documents/policy%20wording.pdf

It was on Daily Mail site no I don't read the paper.

Dave

Why not, it's hardly a hanging offence ;-)

Not yet :-D

Guest 1footinthegrave
Thanks for the link, I have just done an online quote for 57 days, with my pre- existing conditions declared come out at £421 8-) approx double what I have been quoted by OKtotravel.com, oh well.........worth a shot

Guest 1footinthegrave
Virtually every online outfit I have requested a quote from have had identical tick boxes and medical screening options and questions, probably most of them being nothing more than brokers for the same underwriters, I'm about to try compare the meerkat .com, see if that throws up anything different, have tried L&V but still far more expensive than the best quote I've had so far from OK to travel .com, hope that helps some folks ;-)

sshortcircuit - 2013-08-10 6:15 PM

Well I have gone with Liverpool and Victoria. No limit to the number of 90 day trips with medical conditions , over 65 for under £120.00, so I am well happy. Roll on September

Have a good trip - at that price I think we'll change our alliegence next year!

You have the right to view any medical information on you held by doctors, nurses, dentists etc.

For some strange reason there needs to be some additional entry made within the last 40 days.

If you want print outs or manual copies it will cost.

When I inspected my records some years back it id not go down well, I was questioned as to why I wanted them, I was told I would not understand them, I was told that I could see some but not all, but I did see the lot in the end.

Doctors are worried that such a request is the start of a malpractice claim so probably best to tell them why you need it.

Now I can ask for, and get, either a print out or written summary at an appointment if I ask for it, sometimes even without asking.

Mrs H and I both have a varied medical history to long to list here, LV insured us both for multitravel up to 90 days each trip for £186 for both of us. We are both over 70.

H

H

Archived