carver gas water heater

cliveandjen

Thanks for boxer cab security tips.Our next problem is with the water heater in our new to us Auto-sleeper ravenna.When we switch it on the green light comes on followed by the red light 20 seconds later.If left the water dose not get warm.We have gas.and water flowing from hot taps.Previous owner said he had'nt used it while he had the van(18 months).Any ideas on what the problem could be.thanks.

We had that problem, one day it worked the next it didn't - green light for a few seconds and then the red. We took it in to be fixed under the warranty and they said it was the 'module' which was changed. Sorry can't be more specific. Carol

Hopefully it will be a connectivity problem, switch off at the distribution board and then reseat all the connections appertaining to the unit you can find. I had a similar problem with the Truma boiler and cured it by reseating all the plugs and connectors I could find on the contol pcb. The camper was 12 months old and that was nearly 2 years ago. Had I taken it to a workshop they would have fitted a replacement pcb for around £200/£300, and that would have cured it too! Regards Terry PS - Just a few checks that may help. Make sure the boiler is full of water. Make sure your battery is well charged, if it goes below 12 volts the unit will fail to operate and when operating it will cut out on low voltage. I expect you have the gas manifold taps open. If you have a gas cover outside make sure its off and the exhaust is clear. With all manifolds open, light the gas hobs to make sure all air has been expelled from the gas pipe system. If you have a thermostat turn it fully up.

Hi Clive & Jen, Pleased you have it working now, it seems there was air in the system. I think you may find this will happen every time you disconnect the regulator and/or changing a cylinder. The trick is to expell the air from the system using your gas hobs, leave the hob alight for at least 90 seconds before attempting to light the boiler or fridge, if either refuse to ignite first time, switch off and wait for two or three minutes to allow the gas in their chambers to disperse before attempting to light again. Regards Terry

Archived