The Inadequacies Of Liars.

BGD

Who cares - life's too short to worry about all these pompous self opinionated egotistical offensive trolls that seem to plague chatterbox these days and whose sole purpose is not to discuss anything but to try to dump their own opinions onto everyone else without contributing anything interesting or constructive to the forum.

antony1969 - 2013-08-03 1:54 PM

Mines not made up Bruce , even Hollywood couldn't make up an existence like mine , I do however think John47 is really an old bored spinster probably living in deepest Scunthorpe or the likes .

I can't believe people like her profile really exist do they ?

My cover is blown! (lol) (lol) (lol)

PS, I don't know the answer to the original question but I find it interesting that if certain people don't agree with someone then they automatically brand that person a troll. I don't know what you have to do to be a troll but I only have the one identity (if you don't like it then you don't have to read it!) and the opinions I express on here are exactly the same and expressed in the same manner as they would be if I met you in a pub. WYSIWYG - and interestingly, I have never had the vile abuse face-to-face that I sometimes get on here - so I guess that it doesn't matter how many identities people use, some of them are using the web to make themselves feel braver than they would be in real life.

Tracker - 2013-08-03 2:59 PM

Who cares - life's too short to worry about all these pompous self opinionated egotistical offensive trolls that seem to plague chatterbox these days and whose sole purpose is not to discuss anything but to try to dump their own opinions onto everyone else without contributing anything interesting or constructive to the forum.

To be honest Rich, I care.

This used to be a very good forum.

It is being ruined for everyone else by the idiot actions of a couple of socially/sexually inadequate (it's not nice to insult people)s hiding behind lies; and that is a great pity.

Fewer and fewer genuine members come here now; it is being killed off by the false-profile (it's not nice to insult people)s.

That is bad from MMM, and bad for the Motor-homing community.

Guest Had Enough
BGD - 2013-08-03 2:28 PM

It is being ruined for everyone else by the idiot actions of a couple of socially/sexually inadequate (it's not nice to insult people)s hiding behind lies; and that is a great pity.

Fewer and fewer genuine members come here now; it is being killed off by the false-profile (it's not nice to insult people)s.

You do seem a bit obsessed by the Postnote, Yosser type of poster. Yes, they can be idiotic but they're not responsible for what is a huge decline in the number of people coming to Chatterbox, and it's mainly Chatterbox that's affected.

The problem with Chatterbox is that for some time it's been dominated by a small number of people with extreme views. They are obsessed with Islam and Muslims and gays, and their posts, more fitting to an extreme-right-wing forum are responsible for more arguments than anything else. They are the ones responsible for the decline of Chatterbox. It used to have lots of members and lots of topics, now it's at its lowest ebb in years.

If anything Yosser and his type actually make it a bit more bearable because whatever you may think about him he displays none of the bigotry of some of the regulars and I find him to be light relief.

And it's now started again with a thread on a gay village in France with an opening post that's inaccurate and shows the usual prejudices of the type of people I refer to.

Had Enough - 2013-08-03 2:44 PM

You do seem a bit obsessed by the Postnote, Yosser type of poster. Yes, they can be idiotic but they're not responsible for what is a huge decline in the number of people coming to Chatterbox, and it's mainly Chatterbox that's affected.

The problem with Chatterbox is that for some time it's been dominated by a small number of people with extreme views. They are obsessed with Islam and Muslims and gays, and their posts, more fitting to an extreme-right-wing forum are responsible for more arguments than anything else. They are the ones responsible for the decline of Chatterbox. It used to have lots of members and lots of topics, now it's at its lowest ebb in years.

If anything Yosser and his type actually make it a bit more bearable because whatever you may think about him he displays none of the bigotry of some of the regulars and I find him to be light relief.

And it's now started again with a thread on a gay village in France with an opening post that's inaccurate and shows the usual prejudices of the type of people I refer to.

Him threatening forum members , one a lady member isn't a problem for you then Frank ?

I don't believe anyone on here is obsessed with any subject especially Islam / Muslims / Gays but if those subjects come up for discussion then just because mine or anybody else's view on the matter differs to yours does not mean we are the right wing nutters you like to portray us to be . It is just a difference of opinion , it's what makes living in the free world so great , we are allowed to express it .

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2013-08-03 3:22 PM

I don't believe anyone on here is obsessed with any subject especially Islam / Muslims / Gays .

No, of course you're not! Is the sun still glinting on the domes of the mosques in Huddersfield? ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-08-03 3:25 PM

I don't believe anyone on here is obsessed with any subject especially Islam / Muslims / Gays .

No, of course you're not! Is the sun still glinting on the domes of the mosques in Huddersfield? ;-)

I am presuming that's an old quote from me is it Frank ? and that " joke " means I'm obsessed with the subject does it ?

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2013-08-03 3:31 PM

I am presuming that's an old quote from me is it Frank ? and that " joke " means I'm obsessed with the subject does it ?

In the context in which you said it it does! But come on, you know you are, I know you are! *-)

That is bad for MMM, and bad for the Motor-homing community.

Fair comment Bruce - you do have a very good point - although it seems less about false profiles to me and more about the vitriolic and vindictive pursuit of anyone who dares to disagree with one of the several egotists who generally inhabit only Chatterbox? One can only presume that is because they have nothing to offer by way of useful contributions?

As you say it's no small wonder that so many genuine people get brassed off and leave.

Most of these egotists have been offered peaceful co-existence and most of 'em have been asked to respond to the posted topic and not be offensive and insulting to the poster, but they are simply not interested in the common decency or genuine debate where each side can differ but still respect the other side and their point of view.

Had Enough - 2013-08-03 3:33 PM

antony1969 - 2013-08-03 3:31 PM

In the context in which you said it it does! But come on, you know you are, I know you are! *-)

Got me ! It consumes my every thought .

You've let that little beauty of mine niggle and rip you since I wrote it haven't you ? and you've thought about it that much you've convinced yourself I'm obsessed , wow .

Do I really have that much of a hold on you ?

Yosser hughes - 2013-08-03 3:45 PM

I think you will find I said I don't hit women so get your facts right pal so where you get Iv threatened a woman from god know s[/quote

With respect Yosser if that is correct anybody who has to come on a motorhome chatroom and feels they need to put forward the fact they don't hit women then in my view that person is a sad individual .

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2013-08-03 3:42 PM

You've let that little beauty of mine niggle and rip you since I wrote it haven't you ? and you've thought about it that much you've convinced yourself I'm obsessed , wow .

Sorry to disappoint you but it's just that I have a memory and certain things stick in it! And if you remember (obviously you don't) I reminded you of it just a few days ago! You need to start worrying about these memory lapses. It's not good in one so young! ;-)

Guest Had Enough
Yosser hughes - 2013-08-03 3:45 PM

I think you will find I said I don't hit women so get your facts right pal so where you get Iv threatened a woman from god know s

His memory's not very good Yosser! Unless it suits him of course! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Heck, just remembered, I promised my wife I'd nip to Tesco for her and then we're entertaining this evening so I can't stop to chat I'm afraid.

I may find time to check on the poll though to see if Onefoot's gained any more votes! That's the trouble with crowing too early!

Evenin' all! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Had Enough - 2013-08-03 3:49 PM

Sorry to disappoint you but it's just that I have a memory and certain things stick in it! And if you remember (obviously you don't) I reminded you of it just a few days ago! You need to start worrying about these memory lapses. It's not good in one so young! ;-)

I don't believe you , do you drive a top of the range Jag ? I'm currently renovating a property and have noticed someone parked across the way taking pics of me out of the Jag window .

Fattish guy , camera from Wilkinsons .

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2013-08-03 3:57 PM

Had Enough - 2013-08-03 3:49 PM

I don't believe you , do you drive a top of the range Jag ? I'm currently renovating a property and have noticed someone parked across the way taking pics of me out of the Jag window .

Fattish guy , camera from Wilkinsons .

The picture was ruined by a reflection from those golden domes on the mosque! Now go and work on that memory. You can get books you know to train it. Must dash! ;-)

Yosser hughes - 2013-08-03 4:05 PM

antony1969 - 2013-08-03 4:01 PM

Yosser hughes - 2013-08-03 3:58 PM

You can think wot you won't any one that knows me I'd sooner cut my hand of then hit a woman

Glad to hear it , night

night night mummy putting you to bed then little boy

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

That my friend is worthy of a laugh .

This is exactly the type of thread that was started to 'inflame' things again ... and it would appear that it is working ...

NOW STOP IT YOU LOT - SERIOUSLY - IF YOU ALL REALLY MEAN THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DESTROY THIS FORUM THEN ... STOP NOW - ENOUGH REALLY IS ENOUGH!

Mel B - 2013-08-03 8:59 PM

This is exactly the type of thread that was started to 'inflame' things again ... and it would appear that it is working ...

NOW STOP IT YOU LOT - SERIOUSLY - IF YOU ALL REALLY MEAN THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DESTROY THIS FORUM THEN ... STOP NOW - ENOUGH REALLY IS ENOUGH!

sensible words - well said Mel

"The Internet Troll Personality Disorder is characterized by attention-seeking and disruptive behavior in anonymous, delocalized places of socializing. It is indicated by the following traits:

A tendency to make the most useful, interesting comments.

An 18 charisma score (O RLY) that draws the attention of users toward them.

The ability to create ideas that flow from person to person nonstop until they have made everyone spend their time in the troll's valuable communique.

Such a brilliant command of social engineering, that the troll can trick others into fighting amongst themselves on the internet endlessly. (i.e. crossposting to two opposing usenet groups, tricking them into starting a flame war, then sitting back and watching the fun)

High intelligence (16 or higher)

High degree of social skills IRL.

Uses multiple usernames as sock puppets (the more the better)

Establishes dominance in a community by using multiple usernames"

Wonderful "sarc" here :-S

Wrong Bruce! It HAS been ruined.

I for one am off. Great shame as it was predominantly light hearted, but now belongs in the gutter.

Bye everyone

Archived