Why?

Retread24800

Sitting down outside our local Bar while toh was having her Physio for an old war wound reading the local paper when I came upon a news piece that made me (almost) spill my beer.

Seems as if some UK developer has gained planning permission for a holiday complex darn sarf (of France), nothing unusual I hear you say, good on him, yeah the guy has hit on a niche marketing opportunity denied to the likes of us Neanderthals. the holiday homes or should I call them cottages? are only available to those of a gay and lesbian persuasion.

Now then If I was to advertise a (say) B & B business that only serviced Heterosexuals, or started and sought Public funding for a WASP support group how long would it be before the trendy police caught up with me?

Guest pelmetman
Now you've gone an dunnit *-)................Our resident Pit Bull will be frothing at the mouth by now 8-)..............Its all right though ;-).................his barks worse than his bite :D

Guest Had Enough
Retread24800 - 2013-08-03 2:06 PMSitting down outside our local Bar while toh was having her Physio for an old war wound reading the local paper when I came upon a news piece that made me (almost) spill my beer.

Seems as if some UK developer has gained planning permission for a holiday complex darn sarf (of France), nothing unusual I hear you say, good on him, yeah the guy has hit on a niche marketing opportunity denied to the likes of us Neanderthals. the holiday homes or should I call them cottages? are only available to those of a gay and lesbian persuasion.

Now then If I was to advertise a (say) B & B business that only serviced Heterosexuals, or started and sought Public funding for a WASP support group how long would it be before the trendy police caught up with me?

Here we go again! Start by getting your facts right. This is a company that, in a housing slump, thinks it's hit on a good idea to sell some properties. The houses cannot be available to gays only, that is illegal in France.What they are doing is targeting the middle-age gay market on the assumption that such people will be happier living in a community of like-minded people. The gay men I know would actually be horrified at living in a place such as this!It's no different from a developer targeting the over sixties or, if he was so inclined, heterosexual swingers. He can't ban others from buying the houses but he will target the demographic that he wants.I've no doubt that there are developments that target Christians. There are certainly hotels and B&Bs that advertise themselves as Christian organisations.None of these offend or annoy me, and why should they? If people of a certain persuation wish to congregate together then good luck to them, whether they be Christians, Gays, heterosexual swingers or elderly retireees. How does it affect you or anyone?The difference of course with the B&B that we've been discussing on another thread is that they didn't claim to be exclusively for a certain group. They advertised as a normal B&B open to anyone that the law allows. They then decided to change their mind when someone came along who didn't fit with their perceptions of what should be allowed.Many years ago B&Bs took the same attitude to black people. Thankfully, the law stopped them and owners had two choices, obey the law or close. It really is time that people on here stopped being terribly offended by things that do not affect them and are no business of theirs. We'd also have fewer rows on Chatterbox.Finally, before rushing into print, reading the article properly would also help.

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2013-08-03 2:54 PM

Now you've gone an dunnit *-)................Our resident Pit Bull will be frothing at the mouth by now 8-)..............Its all right though ;-).................his barks worse than his bite :D

You have it the wrong way round. I couldn't care less about this. The problem is you and your mates who get offended by anything to do with gays, Muslims, rich people etc. etc.

There's more frothing at the mouth from the three or four knuckle draggers than the rest of us put together. You and they are obsessed!

Yeah i know you all thought I was making it up but try this, naturally the apologists will make out it couldn't happen, Lots of words blah blah but the fact is it does happen. Egalitarianism is a two way street, fair to minorities but also to those with views from another age.

Oh yes (edit) here's a link in English to be totally fair to everyone or is it called inclusivity?

Guest pelmetman

From £207,000) and residents will have to pay €70 a week in service charges.......8-)

B*gger that *-)...................I'd rather have a motorhome ;-)................and have the opportunity to meet normal French people................... than live in a Gay Ghetto *-).............

pelmetman - 2013-08-03 3:54 PMNow you've gone an dunnit *-)................Our resident Pit Bull will be frothing at the mouth by now 8-)..............Its all right though ;-).................his barks worse than his bite :D

I'm working on the basis that if he (HE?) builds up a great enough head of steam then hopefully something catastrophic will occur ..............Just hold that thought for a minute..........Peace perfect peace.

pelmetman - 2013-08-03 4:06 PMFrom £207,000) and residents will have to pay €70 a week in service charges.......8-)B*gger that *-)...................I'd rather have a motorhome ;-)................and have the opportunity to meet normal French people................... than live in a Gay Ghetto *-).............

In red above...............is that a requirement before purchasers are approved?  :-)

Guest pelmetman
RogerC - 2013-08-04 12:28 PM
pelmetman - 2013-08-03 4:06 PMFrom £207,000) and residents will have to pay €70 a week in service charges.......8-)B*gger that *-)...................I'd rather have a motorhome ;-)................and have the opportunity to meet normal French people................... than live in a Gay Ghetto *-).............

In red above...............is that a requirement before purchasers are approved?  :-)

Possibly........... :D

Archived