British TV while in Spain and Astra 2E?

hymernova1

Hi

We know Astra 2E should be launched in the next couple of months making it impossible to get UK TV abroad anymore. However we thought we would be able to use 'Filmon ' instead. This now looks as though this will not be possible. Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on this issue please?

One option which might help, and which we use a lot when away for long periods:

Download loads of films and complete series to your home computer via one of the "peer-to-peer" file-sharing sites (eg Piratebay).

Transfer to portable memory device(s), like USB sticks, or an external hard drive.

Connect them to your laptop (or to your TV in the MH if it'll take USB input) and watch at leisure whilst away on tour.

I trialled Tunnel Bear when I was last in France,it is a virtual private network that fools the uk or usa servers into thinking you are in their country.The full sevice is a fiver or so a month and enables you to get all uk catchups.

Again you need sufficient bandwidth, which may not always be possible at campsites.

At home I use a Humax Freesat HDR 320gb tuner/recorder which I transfer to my motorhome (does require the use of an inverter) when I'm out & about . At present I can tune into all my British channels while abroad and when there's nothing to watch (or out of range) I watch recorded series and films.

This has worked satisfactorily for 3 years now, although it looks like it will not last much longer unless somebody can sabotage the new satellite :-(

Archived