Tyre pressures

Pete-B

I've got Vanco 215/70 R15 CP tyres on my van and I would like contact the maker to get the correct tyre pressures, I've been on the weighbridge to get separate axle readings when loaded, does anyone know of a phone number is so I would very much appreciate it , thanks.

...you might find it better to contact them by eMail, which would give you a record of the data supplied.

The following link will take you to the contact details (via the customer services "form" link) and also gives a phone number.

http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/www/tyres_uk_en/contact_en.html?resetForm=true

(I also have the Conti technical data handbook, and I'll see if I can "snip" the appropriate extract and post it - though info from the horse's mouth would be preferable).

....due to the double page layout of the Conti PDF, it isn't the easiest thing to "snip", but for the specific tyres above, I believe (though I won't be held responsible ;-) ) that the following (FA for front axle and RA for rear axle) is the appropriate data.

It is interesting to note that, for these particular CP tyres, Conti appear to be following the same approach as Michelin, in specifying higher pressures for the rear axle than for the front axle at the same load (something they don't do for my non-CP rated tyres - which, of course, are not designed to take the higher pressures).

1005884711_Conti215-70-15CP.JPG.378d3a7cc82e290bb7a4938d47b84ca6.JPG

.....encouraging to see that these are just about on the values from the tech data handbook, as above.

;-)

(I've little doubt that, in reality, you could get away with somewhat less in the rears, given the "overload margin" now generally specified for CP rated tyres, but the advice from the manufacturer is always best, and if you used eMail, you'll have a record of that advice).

Archived