The NHS is being strangled ... by the NHS !

Mrs T

There was a time when I had an annual medical check-up, not a problem, now the NHS powers-that-be have increased the check-ups to twice a year, that means twice the paperwork and twice the checking staff to achieve the same results. Saving money is not their style.

If they had intended to save on budget costs they would have reduced the annual checks to every two years.

Its all a monster sham

Guest Had Enough
Mrs T - 2013-08-05 7:00 PM

There was a time when I had an annual medical check-up, not a problem, now the NHS powers-that-be have increased the check-ups to twice a year, that means twice the paperwork and twice the checking staff to achieve the same results. Saving money is not their style.

If they had intended to save on budget costs they would have reduced the annual checks to every two years.

Its all a monster sham

So let me get this straight - you're complaining because the NHS is going to give you a better service?

The theory surely is that as you get older killer diseases become much more probable and it might well be more cost effective to test you biannually than biennially. Prevention is much cheaper than the cure.

If some of my genes go rogue and become cancerous I think I'd prefer that it was spotted say, three months later, than almost two years later, by which time I may well be untreatable.

Perhaps not so silly after all?

So..if they switch to a two year intervals, as you suggest, would you then just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well", if it later transpired that because of the extended check up period, you had developed something that was now a year or more advanced than it would've otherwise have been? :-S

Surely getting checked more often has got to be for the good...

If you really think it's just a "monster sham", just write to them, declining their offer of an appointment...and let them spend their time and resources on someone who wants them.... *-)

Off Topic: Personally, I think patients should be charged a fee, for not turning up to an appointment!

Edit: Sorry HE, I crossed your post.

I agree totally with the above two posters - but then Mrs T is one of those "trolls" (whatever they are) who posts something just to get a reaction rather than because there is any serious point being made, so I wouldn't get too het up about it :-D

Oh no she is not John47 !! I know when I'm unwell and I don't need someone to keep asking me, I've been for a few adjustments but only when I decided when to go, there's nowt I cannot sort out myself like a couple of cancer problems that I sorted myself.

Most of this unwellness is self inflicted by internal chemical structiures that are changed according to how one reacts to general life, people around them and what they eat.

No officials would ever admit to the truth, its counter productive. One simple factor is what we eat, we are a northern hemisphere group and if we eat items that are 'out of season' from other hemispheres what do you expect? they have different growing conditions that we as northerners are not adjusted to.

Please don't tell me how to live, and I certainly do not need to have a medical check every 6 months !!

Mrs T - 2013-08-06 9:55 PM

Oh no she is not John47 !! I know when I'm unwell and I don't need someone to keep asking me, I've been for a few adjustments but only when I decided when to go, there's nowt I cannot sort out myself like a couple of cancer problems that I sorted myself.

Most of this unwellness is self inflicted by internal chemical structiures that are changed according to how one reacts to general life, people around them and what they eat.

No officials would ever admit to the truth, its counter productive. One simple factor is what we eat, we are a northern hemisphere group and if we eat items that are 'out of season' from other hemispheres what do you expect? they have different growing conditions that we as northerners are not adjusted to.

Please don't tell me how to live, and I certainly do not need to have a medical check every 6 months !!

Well it appears that my distant relatives evolved living on nuts and fruits growing in the Olduvai gorge in Tanzania, so it would appear that I will be fine sticking to my present diet.

Unfortunately there is no archaeological evidence to suggest that they drank Guinness.

:-(

pkc - 2013-08-07 7:02 AM

Well it appears that my distant relatives evolved living on nuts and fruits growing in the Olduvai gorge in Tanzania, so it would appear that I will be fine sticking to my present diet.

My goodness !

Mine were in the Newuvai gorge, just up the road.

We may be related.

:-|

Guest Had Enough
malc d - 2013-08-07 9:14 AM

My goodness !

We may be related.

It's not really funny. You can guarantee that both sets of parasitic scroungers were wild camping and leaving mess and litter with no respect whatsoever for the local Hominidae population.

No wonder our ancestors were forced out of Africa if your relatives are typical of the nascent humanoid population.

John 47 - 2013-08-07 10:24 AM

Come, come now you can't blame a whole species for the antisocial habits of a few wildcamping ancestors. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Leave him alone John.

Our ancestors used to win the " best kept village award " year after year - but Franks' were never in the top three.

It's left him a little peeved.

:-D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2013-08-07 10:54 AM

Come, come now you can't blame a whole species for the antisocial habits of a few wildcamping ancestors. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Leave him alone John.

Our ancestors used to win the " best kept village award " year after year - but Franks' were never in the top three.

Your right Malc ;-).....................his village use to make us Neanderthals do the work................and pay us peanuts *-)

malc d - 2013-08-07 9:14 AM

My goodness !

We may be related.

:-|

Daddy! Is that you?

pelmetman - 2013-08-07 12:45 PM

Leave him alone John.

Your right Malc ;-).....................his village use to make us Neanderthals do the work................and pay us peanuts *-)

I thought that was your lifestyle choice Dave................

Wasn't that you I saw living on nuts and berries in Cornwall recently....................., doing your Henry David Thoreau thing? *-) :$

Guest pelmetman
pkc - 2013-08-07 1:55 PM

Leave him alone John.

Wasn't that you I saw living on nuts and berries in Cornwall recently....................., doing your Henry David Thoreau thing? *-) :$

Wonderful thing Google & Wikipedia ;-).......................I'd never heard of him................and I thought I was ahead of my time *-)..................turns out he was there before me :D...........I like this quote B-).....

“ A century and a half after its publication, Walden has become such a totem of the back-to-nature, preservationist, anti-business, civil-disobedience mindset, and Thoreau so vivid a protester, so perfect a crank and hermit saint, that the book risks being as revered and unread as the Bible"

Maybe I'm the new Messiah >:-)................I plan to go long terming and spread my gospel among the misguided (lol)....................What's Franks address? :D

pelmetman - 2013-08-07 3:39 PM

pkc - 2013-08-07 1:55 PM

Leave him alone John.

Wonderful thing Google & Wikipedia ;-).......................I'd never heard of him................and I thought I was ahead of my time *-)..................turns out he was there before me :D...........I like this quote B-).....

“ A century and a half after its publication, Walden has become such a totem of the back-to-nature, preservationist, anti-business, civil-disobedience mindset, and Thoreau so vivid a protester, so perfect a crank and hermit saint, that the book risks being as revered and unread as the Bible"

Maybe I'm the new Messiah >:-)................I plan to go long terming and spread my gospel among the misguided (lol)....................What's Franks address? :D

I think you are doing it right, to quote from Walden..

'It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?

Letter to Harrison Blake (16 November 1857)

..That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.

March 11, 1856

[but men labor under a mistake. The better part of the man is soon plowed into the soil for compost. By a seeming fate, commonly called necessity, they are employed, as it says in an old book,() laying up treasures which moth and rust will corrupt and thieves break through and steal. It is a fool's life, as they will find when they get to the end of it, if not before.

A life changing book in my opinion, to be read slowly, so full of insights.

The big problem with you lot is that each one of you keeps slanging at each other whether its politics or a diversionary topic such as those I've posted, it would appear that most of you are not a bit interested in the post heading !

You must be a pretty narrow minded lot who cannot keep to the facts. Politics is nothing, its an empty chasm that gets filled every four years with an equally empty bunch of people. I would hate to be tied to any of you, Mr t is obedient and sensible and keeps quiet most of the time and refuses to comment,

John 47 - 2013-08-07 5:26 PM

pkc - 2013-08-07 2:05 PM

Bigot. :-) :-)

Plinth. Your turn (lol) (lol)

Swot. And so's your old man!

Would love to keep this up, but I'm going out to the pub with some really unimportant people ;-)

pkc - 2013-08-07 5:57 PM

Would love to keep this up, but I'm going out to the pub with some really unimportant people ;-)

Mornington Crescent!

Have a drink for me - I'm unimportant too! (lol)

John 47 - 2013-08-07 6:00 PM

pkc - 2013-08-07 5:57 PM

Mornington Crescent!

Have a drink for me - I'm unimportant too! (lol)

Thank you I will.

Hopefully having injected some 'alleged' humour into this dire forum my work here is done.

Up,up and away!

.......' Who was that masked stranger?' ...........

Guest Had Enough
Mrs T - 2013-08-07 5:53 PM

The big problem with you lot is that each one of you keeps slanging at each other whether its politics or a diversionary topic such as those I've posted, it would appear that most of you are not a bit interested in the post heading !

You must be a pretty narrow minded lot who cannot keep to the facts. Politics is nothing, its an empty chasm that gets filled every four years with an equally empty bunch of people. I would hate to be tied to any of you, Mr t is obedient and sensible and keeps quiet most of the time and refuses to comment,

I did try to give you a sensible answer but it degenerated into the usual rubbish about our chimpanzee ancestors. And of course I would never take part in anything like that!

But I think I've spotted your problem. UK general elections are held every five years and I think that you may be losing a year occasionally. So you might think that you've not been tested for two years but you may well have been in the year that went missing! Or you're a US citizen posing as our greatest leader?

Archived