The NHS is being strangled ... by the NHS !

Mrs T

Guest pelmetman
Mrs T - 2013-08-07 5:53 PM

Mr t is obedient and sensible and keeps quiet most of the time and refuses to comment,

So we hear ;-)...........

Guest pelmetman
pkc - 2013-08-07 6:17 PM

.......' Who was that masked stranger?' ...........

Ernie ;-)...................and he drives the fastest milk cart in the West :D.....................coz he bought it cheap off ebay from Tonto (lol)

Mrs T - 2013-08-07 5:53 PM

The big problem with you lot is that each one of you keeps slanging at each other whether its politics or a diversionary topic such as those I've posted, it would appear that most of you are not a bit interested in the post heading !

You must be a pretty narrow minded lot who cannot keep to the facts. Politics is nothing, its an empty chasm that gets filled every four years with an equally empty bunch of people. I would hate to be tied to any of you, Mr t is obedient and sensible and keeps quiet most of the time and refuses to comment,

I think you'll find that it was because most people regarded the OP as rather silly that we deliberately took the thread off on a surreal but far more entertaining track. And none of it involved "slagging off" - it was all just fun.

pkc - 2013-08-07 6:17 PM

Thank you I will.

Hopefully having injected some 'alleged' humour into this dire forum my work here is done.

Up,up and away!

.......' Who was that masked stranger?' ...........

I object! Your humour was not "alleged" ....................................and I think it was Clayton Moore :-D Ah, the good old days.

Had Enough - 2013-08-05 7:50 PM

Mrs T - 2013-08-05 7:00 PM

There was a time when I had an annual medical check-up, not a problem, now the NHS powers-that-be have increased the check-ups to twice a year, that means twice the paperwork and twice the checking staff to achieve the same results. Saving money is not their style.

If they had intended to save on budget costs they would have reduced the annual checks to every two years.

Its all a monster sham

So let me get this straight - you're complaining because the NHS is going to give you a better service?

The theory surely is that as you get older killer diseases become much more probable and it might well be more cost effective to test you biannually than biennially. Prevention is much cheaper than the cure.

If some of my genes go rogue and become cancerous I think I'd prefer that it was spotted say, three months later, than almost two years later, by which time I may well be untreatable.

Perhaps not so silly after all?

The trouble is it doesn't always work, my father went for a full check up including ECG in march 2007 and was found to be in (relatively) good health, on the evening of april 30th of that year he had a heart attack and was declared dead just after midnight on 1st may.

Guest pelmetman
pkc - 2013-08-07 5:23 PM

..That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.

March 11, 1856

By eck :-D................the mans a genius B-)...............no wonder Walden was never taught at school >:-) >:-)

Archived