x250 cab heater fan

bigal55

Hello Alan,

The first thing to check in these situations is the heater resistor. It is almost always the resistor (under the heater fan housing) and not the switch although failure of the resistor can cause a lot of heat near the switch and melt cables and other plastic parts. I am working on one such van as I write. Hopefully yours will be just the resistor.

I should add that this is not an exclusively Fiat thing; all vehicles except those with climate control have a resistor to set the fan speed and they will eventually pack up.

Nick

euroserv - 2013-08-06 6:50 PM

Hello Alan,

The first thing to check in these situations is the heater resistor. It is almost always the resistor (under the heater fan housing) and not the switch although failure of the resistor can cause a lot of heat near the switch and melt cables and other plastic parts.

I should add that this is not an exclusively Fiat thing; ......................and they will eventually pack up.

Nick

Hi Bigal,

Nick has beaten me to it!

I had exactly the same problem about a year ago, and a section of wiring was burnt. I feel fortunate that I took it to the garage when I did.

I had a new fan and a section of the wiring.

Hope yours is less extensive,

regards

alan b

Update, decided to check the wiring and multiplug with my avo , all ok, so not the switch or wiring, plug the mutiplug back in and the fan works on all 4 settings.The plug seemed to be in correctly before i removed it but it must hve been moved out of position by a big foot, wife of course, :D , as it is exposed in the passenger footwell. thanks for all the advice.

Archived